Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Carl Eickhorn SA dagger

Article about: Picked this one up at the SOS. I have a tough time photographing daggers!! A very good show once again. Steve

Not a dagger that I would kick to the curb..... as much has changed hands with these daggers of the course of post war History. Im not too concerned about carrying ring placement as much of these large producers bought by the box fulls from other producers or sub contractors. Yet the possibility of a post war marriage does exist.

Laquer usage and application can also vary during production..but I do agree that this scabbard is more brown and heavily coated. Hang onto it Steve ....there is still a ton of history within this dagger. The small Eickhorn logo speaks for itself.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Carl Eickhorn SA dagger
    P
    Many

?

Scabbard bottom fitting looks like plated steel to my eyes with steel screws ?, Later RZM scabbard on an early SA ?

Thanks all for your input and pardon my ignorance as this scabbard is indeed an RZM. I should have known that but now do. I purchased 2 SA daggers from an old collector at the SOS. When I came home I sold one of the SA daggers and 3 other daggers along with 2 graded medals to several area guys. I chased down the SA that I sold and swapped the scabbards. Not sure if it is the original scabbard but much closer to what it should be I think.

Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Carl Eickhorn SA dagger   Carl Eickhorn SA dagger  

?

Steve,

That scabbard looks close to what it should be now, just a little out on the bottom crossguard to scabbard throat fit, was the other SA you sold an RZM ?

also the bottom fitting on this scabbard looks a bit shiney, is it metal or nickle ?

Regards Mac 66.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2