Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Chained NSKK

Article about: Hi Guys, Annoyed from this ads?   I rarely get to this section anymore as my focus has been Japanese swords for some years now but occasionally something TR catches my eye and I can't l

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Chained NSKK
    P
    Many

Not much left to say on this one except-Wow! Museum Grade Mint!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Yeah truly mint. Nice score and many thanks for showing.

?

Glad you liked it and it has been my pleasure to show it before it goes into the militaria black hole where it will rest with it's chained relatives.

Regards,
    Stu

?

Hi Stu,
    you helped me out with my first Gunto 95 and i was glad seeing you post a TR edged here.
    Unfortunate i do not bring good news: IMO the scabbard/chain is a repro.
    The RZM stamp is very sloppy, not crisp at all and it lacks that second ring.
    Futhermore Assmann never marked these NSKK clips with their well known A.
    Which again is also not the correct font Assmann used.
    Futhermore the Musterschutz mark has been applied machine wise.
    Normally its shown which side of the stamp has had most force, there the stamp is deeper or thicker.
    Compare your markings with the ones below.
    Sorry Stu but i realy think the chain is not a period original.
    Regards,
    Ger
    Chained NSKKChained NSKKChained NSKKChained NSKKChained NSKKChained NSKKChained NSKKChained NSKKChained NSKK

?

Stu here is yours compared:
    The assmann A as found on a SS clip of a vertical hanger.
    The M5/8 stamp differs a lot from the known originals.
    Regards,
    Ger
    Chained NSKK

Im more concerned with the shape of the D ring connector holes..and the stress stretch seen by the pink arrow..which would indicate IMO heavy swing usage or entanglement. Yet not a scratch or fleck seen on the scabbard or fittings.

1. Is this the sign of those times with production quality of the chain?
    2. Is the chain a replacement?
    3. The chain lacks its crispness compared to the ones posted above in Gerrits post.
    4. Did Assman have bad Monday morning when applying their Trade mark stamp widely seen on other examples?
    5. The "D" holes are more rounded and stretched out for being a mint example.

The dagger itself is lovely and appears to be period... and given the benefit of the doubt the photos..which are very good..IMO and as a shopper..I would prefer a Chained example what is more commonly seen of that time period.

Regards Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images Chained NSKK 
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Interesting. I will look into this further. Thank you.

Regards,
    Stu

You know one thing I really like love what ever you want to call it, is everyone seems to always be on the looking out for the other person. We all love the dagger and great photos, great one Stu but Larry went beyond that a looked at every detail and the dagger and chain. It may be all correct and a worker was having a bad day who knows. thanks to everyone here who is looking out for the other guy. " I got your six". Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Hi Marty,

You are quite correct and something I appreciate greatly.

I'm going to sign up and log into GDC and see what was posted on the thread Larry referred to above. I'm not a member there currently. I'll also take some hi res photos of the stamping for further comparison.

I must admit to some surprise with this. Although I did not acquire it from JR. if he did have it at one point I would have expected him to spot a repro if that is indeed what it is.

More later.

Regards,
    Stu

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast