Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Chained NSKK Leader Dagger.

Article about: Hello! This one is up at auction, would be nice to hear all your wise opinions. thank you! Best Regards Tobias

Default Chained NSKK Leader Dagger.

Hello!

This one is up at auction, would be nice to hear all your wise opinions.
    thank you!

Best Regards Tobias

Chained NSKK Leader Dagger.Chained NSKK Leader Dagger.Chained NSKK Leader Dagger.Chained NSKK Leader Dagger.Chained NSKK Leader Dagger.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Chained NSKK Leader Dagger.
    P
    Many

Wise opinion would be not to pursue this pile.
    As is seen in the photos a fully disassembled and all authentic from varied dagger fittings and periods.
    That was the good news..and a rarely seen producer from Austria Joseph Hack Steyr ( Ober Donau )

There are quite few things going on in the photos
    For the NSKK Chained collector ..these Chained examples can be challenging especially in the area of the chain..which in this case I dont see in the photos any immediate issues with the chain.

Chained NSKK daggers need to be examined closely not just for the assembly ..but to understand some of these were " Field upgraded " as some dealers would assume ..meaning the NSKK enlisted mann was promoted and may have elected to either purchase a whole chained assembly including a new dagger or to save some money and just purchase the Chained assembly.

This is where the fine line is drawn to prove could this have happened or was an SA dagger just recently married to an available chained assembly. When I say married..take notice to how the groom aggressively slipped the center ramp upward on the scabbard leaving a notice large scrape. Not liking that at all.

The throat has been replaced and not original to the scabbard..as these scabbards came finished and tight fitted..with no gaps between the lip and the upper fitting. The guards and grip are early ..the guards are marked St ...not an Austrian produce but Solingen produced.

The grip eagle is not the greatest fit also showing " Gouge marks " fully around the grip eagle. prior eagle was dug out damaging the wood and replaced with an early period type.

The question...could this been a field upgrade from a reclusive producer...yes the possibility exists ..as does many other NSKK married types.
    In this realm of collecting I would advise to stay with a whole example that is consistent in material types and period.
    This dagger above is not what we would expect to see from an NSKK Chained dagger in consistency and fit.

Other thoughts and opinions welcome.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you Larry for all the info! i really apriciate this, i got one NSKK chain myself here that been discussed before, and still not sure if its good or bad i see this chained NSKK alot on dealer sites and auctions sites. guess this chain have been faked for along time.
    the auction for this one starts at 600€ to good to be true but maybe there is a reservation price.