Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Christianswerk Solingen

Article about: Hi guys. Hopefully this is an original Christianswerk dagger from between 1933 and 1935 with a SA Reichsgau Nrh for Niederrhein. I believe there were some 7000 produced. It has a lovely nico

mpw
    ?

Default Christianswerk Solingen

Hi guys.

Hopefully this is an original Christianswerk dagger from between 1933 and 1935 with a SA Reichsgau Nrh for Niederrhein. I believe there were some 7000 produced.

It has a lovely nicotine patina and even specks of white paint where someone did some home decorating in the past.

Christianswerk Solingen

Christianswerk Solingen

The only problem I can see is where some clown has halfheartedly tried to put an edge on one side of the blade which is a pity as the cross graining is quite good.

Christianswerk Solingen

Christianswerk Solingen

Christianswerk Solingen

Regards, Mark.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Christianswerk Solingen   Christianswerk Solingen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Christianswerk Solingen
    P
    Many

?

Thats a nice looking early SA dagger, good overal fit, as we can expect from an early one.
    Pity that a clown tried to sharpen it, but unfortunate it is what it is.

About your line: It has a lovely nicotine patina ......well as long as its not sticky i dont mind.
    But i had several daggers that you couldnt hold in hand without getting sticky and dirty, and in those cases i will whipe it off.

Regards
    Ger

mpw
    ?

Thanks for the comments Ger. Regarding the nicotine , it is more to do with the colour than texture which is smooth and dry.

Regards, Mark.

Christianswerk Solingen

Christianswerk Solingen

mpw
    ?

Just a correction to the text in the first post and for future reference.

A fellow member (thank you William) has kindly pointed out that the SA did not have Reichsgaue. Their districts are names SA-Gruppen, according to directives and regulations.The abbreviations came officially into being in ultimate 1933, normally for staffs, but was
    taken over as abbreviations for the cross guards.

No worries Mark, As said above Its a nice looking early SA Dagger All Original

Regards Raf