Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Closet Archaeology

Article about: The lower placement of the SA sigrunne button is another Eickhorn trait! I can see the the motto is the deeper cut etch..if I am not mistaken. Regards Larry

Default Closet Archaeology

I know that it is almost sacrilegious, but SA/NSKK daggers have not been of great interest to me. As a result I packed my few SA daggers into a box when we moved into our new house 32 years ago, and that is where they have stayed since then. Now that I am finally going to have a room for my collection, I decided to dig them out. Just like Christmas, right after Christmas.
    Attached is a photo of the daggers. All but two had been in storage. They were wrapped in acid free tissue, and survived the long storage without any changes.
    Since my knowledge on SA daggers is a little weak, and these daggers were purchased before forums and good reference books, I would like to show them here for opinions when I take individual photographs. I will of course research them myself first, but the experienced eyes of other forum members will hopefully help identify any scrap iron. Included among the daggers are a couple of full Rohm blades, I researched these way back then, but I know they are a minefield.

Wolfgang

Closet Archaeology

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Closet Archaeology
    P
    Many

Hi Wolfgang,
    lovely collection you have they look great, no wonder we cant find any you have them all lol.
    Dave.

You've certainly got enough considering you are not really interested!..

?

Not sacrilegious at all IMO (but then I have only one SA dagger). Some here might say, that a few seem to have an unhealthy fixation bordering on the pathological in regards to SS regalia, while others dont have much interest in that field.
    To each his own, I guess.

Secondly, if thats the collection of one with 'not much interest in SA/NSKK daggers, I would be interested in hearing where you main Collection interest lies!
    Looks like a decent collection to me....., to say the least.

?

Hi Wolfgang,

They all look great already but it will be interesting to see which makers you have & condition of the blades & also the full Rohms

Regards Mac 66.

Hi Wolfgang .... You have our full attention and look forward to some individual photos. Looks like some nice beauties in there. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

From the title I was expecting something more like this example ....... but I'm SURE there are no lost TR caches in there

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Closet Archaeology  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Well Wolfgang it would be a pleasure seeing these daggers in close up!
    So far its looking very promising, ive already seen a few i would love to see in full glory.
    The SA daggers all look alike at the start but when you dig deeper into the material you see the characteristics of makers etc...then its getting realy interesting....history starts to live..

Ger

?

You, you.. THEACHER`S PET !!

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    From the title I was expecting something more like this example ....... but I'm SURE there are no lost TR caches in there
    Dan
    Me too. I thought of several snide remarks in the same vein

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast