Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Closet Archaeology

Article about: The lower placement of the SA sigrunne button is another Eickhorn trait! I can see the the motto is the deeper cut etch..if I am not mistaken. Regards Larry

Wow, these things are difficult to photograph. I use natural light, but it has been cloudy, not great for photography. If additional photos are needed, please let me know.
    The first one is a Eickhorn full Rohm. I send this one to Wittmann, he was ok with the dagger and offered to buy it from me. If I remember correctly, the guards are marked internally for Eickhorn. The lower guard is also benchmarked 6. Though there appears to be a gap between guard and blade on the reverse side, it is a result of the grinding wheel running slightly onto the blade when the tang was ground to fit the guard, hence the scalloped appearance. The obverse guard blade fit is tight. The blade appears to have been cleaned, though cross graining is still there for the length of the blade.
    I am looking forward to your oppinions on this one.
    I will try for better photos on the next one.

Wolfgang

Closet Archaeology
    Closet Archaeology
    Closet Archaeology
    Closet Archaeology

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Closet Archaeology
    P
    Many

NICE!!!!..that etch is absolutely beautiful..everything that needs to be seen on there is all there. The 3 pc hanger with the 1st type "D: ring snap clip is a great plus. Totally early all the way!!

I have to get my lobster bib on now..... this is the beginning of the rainy season. Bring it on
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Great dagger collection.

Wolfgang, on the first picture you show, the third dagger from the right looks to be "scrap iron" i am starting scrap recycling from today and will gladly take it away for you .............really looking forward to looking at this eye candy
    cheers Ronnie

?

If only I had a closet like that Those are some amazing daggers you got there. Although SA daggers are not my main collecting interest eighter, I do like them a lot. Thanks for showing.

Danny

?

Hi Wolfgang,

Very nice condition Full Rohm Eickhorn with 3 piece marching hanger

just take care of the black cancer marks on the blade as they will grow!

not easy to find a full Rohm these days imo.

Wolfgang, Whats the maker of the SA 5th in from the right ?

looking forward to the next lot of pix

Regards Mac 66.

Thank you Mac 66. Yes, I will take care of the black cancer.
    The 5th dagger is a J.P. Sauer. I very much like the maker from the gun making area of Germany. It has the typical Suhl step, a great blade and is in uncleaned condition.

Closet Archaeology

?

Quote by wolfeknives View Post
    Thank you Mac 66. Yes, I will take care of the black cancer.
    The 5th dagger is a J.P. Sauer. I very much like the maker from the gun making area of Germany. It has the typical Suhl step, a great blade and is in uncleaned condition.

Closet Archaeology

Thanks Wolfgang, J.P. SAUER is a terrific maker imo , one of my favourites

I like the shape of the grip on this dagger compared to the others.

Mac 66.

Here are some simple shots of the Sauer dagger then. The blade does not show well, but it is bright and near mint, with only some runner marks.
    I know there are some fingerprints on the scabbard. It is however wiped down with Renwax, and will receive another coat when I am done handling it.

Wolfgang

Closet Archaeology
    Closet Archaeology
    Closet Archaeology
    Closet Archaeology
    Closet Archaeology

Quote by wolfeknives View Post
    Here are some simple shots of the Sauer dagger then. The blade does not show well, but it is bright and near mint, with only some runner marks.

Wolfgang
    Very nice Wolfgang!
    I have only 1 SA, and this is the maker that I chose to have.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast