Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Closet Archaeology

Article about: The lower placement of the SA sigrunne button is another Eickhorn trait! I can see the the motto is the deeper cut etch..if I am not mistaken. Regards Larry

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Very nice Wolfgang!
    I have only 1 SA, and this is the maker that I chose to have.
    Ralph.
    I think you chose well Ralph. The gunmaking tradition can be seen in the choice of wood for the grip and the feel of the dagger. They are different than all the others.

Wolfgang

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Closet Archaeology
    P
    Many

?

Wolfgang,

Love the J.P Sauer

Condition is lovely & so is the grip wood !

When your applying renwax to the blade do you apply it to the motto & maker logo or not ?

Regards Mac 66.

Quote by Mac 66 View Post
    Wolfgang,

Love the J.P Sauer

Condition is lovely & so is the grip wood !

When your applying renwax to the blade do you apply it to the motto & maker logo or not ?

Regards Mac 66.

I coat the entire blade, motto included. The wax is invisible, and does not add any shine when used ass directed. It seems to provide excellent protection.

Wolfgang

?

Love those low step Suhl makers, they sure knew how to make a great dagger!

thx for showing them....well we still have a few left Wolfgang

Ger

?

Quote by wolfeknives View Post
    I coat the entire blade, motto included. The wax is invisible, and does not add any shine when used ass directed. It seems to provide excellent protection.

Wolfgang

Thanks, i just wondered if the renwax affected the burnishing in the motto & trademark, i,m going to use this renwax for the first time myself on some of my blades, can you give me a few tips on applying renwax to the blade & motto please so i do not damage the burnish ?

Mac 66.

Quote by Mac 66 View Post
    Thanks, i just wondered if the renwax affected the burnishing in the motto & trademark, i,m going to use this renwax for the first time myself on some of my blades, can you give me a few tips on applying renwax to the blade & motto please so i do not damage the burnish ?

Mac 66.
    On new daggers, that is daggers I purchase, I usually give the blade a wipe with a soft acetone or alcohol moistened pad. This removes any dirt and oils that may be present on the blade from inproper handling. However the acetone should ONLY be used on the blade, it will also remove laquer and paint. I then apply the Renwax, and as per manufacturers instructions wipe with a soft cloth before the wax is dry. I also use it on the scabbard and wood grip.

Wolfgang

Applying Ren wax you may want to use a small piece of cotton cloth..and just dab it in the Ren wax tin. Apply it like you do car wax and allow 1 minute to dry...then rub it off with a clean cloth. You will have an acrylic seal..on your blade.

@ Wolfgang....That is a nice dirty Sauer example. Untouched.......which has more beauty than a totally cleaned example. Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you Larry.
    Here is a Haastert and Bull. I love the bunny logo. I think this one is ok as well.

Wolfgang

Closet Archaeology
    Closet Archaeology
    Closet Archaeology
    Closet Archaeology

?

Wolfgang, Larry,

( I was mostly worried about rubbing renwax into the motto & MM as i do not want to damage the burnishing ! )

Another beauty SA by Haastert & Bull

Mac 66.

Hi Mac...sorry for the confusion...if it were me,,I would avoid putting it on the motto if any darkening remains...but I would be careful to go around those areas...or maybe use a Qtip to apply it. Once it dries...just be careful to rub it off. I myself do not go inbetween the lettering..but just closely around it. Thats its! Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast