Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Closet Archaeology

Article about: The lower placement of the SA sigrunne button is another Eickhorn trait! I can see the the motto is the deeper cut etch..if I am not mistaken. Regards Larry

WolfGang..did you just recently touch the Hassert dagger blade around the area of the word "Bull?....as i see a recent fingerprint mark you may want to wipe off. That has not been there for years..which would of darkened..and would be unremovable. if you enlarge the pic..you will see what I mean. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Closet Archaeology
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Mac...sorry for the confusion...if it were me,,I would avoid putting it on the motto if any darkening remains...but I would be careful to go around those areas...or maybe use a Qtip to apply it. Once it dries...just be careful to rub it off. I myself do not go inbetween the lettering..but just closely around it. Thats its! Larry
    Thanks Larry,

Thats what i was thinking to as i do not want to rub any dark burnishing of the motto & MM .

Mac 66.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    WolfGang..did you just recently touch the Hassert dagger blade around the area of the word "Bull?....as i see a recent fingerprint mark you may want to wipe off. That has not been there for years..which would of darkened..and would be unremovable. if you enlarge the pic..you will see what I mean. Regards Larry
    Thank you for mentioning this Larry. I wipe each dagger down right after handling without gloves. I checked this one to make sure, it was fine.
    Wolfgang

Quote by Mac 66 View Post
    Thanks Larry,

Thats what i was thinking to as i do not want to rub any dark burnishing of the motto & MM .

Mac 66.
    I used to worry about using the wax on the painted/laquer parts and the motto as well. A museum friend who introduced me to the Renwax told me to use it on any part that may be handled or wiped. Once the wax has been applied, you will be wiping the surface of the wax, not the surface of the finish. This helps preserve any of the remaining laquer on the sheath as well. That made sense to me, so I have been using it that way for years. It is a wonderful product, especially for blades. Without it the fingerprint on the Haastert and Bull could have been a problem within minutes.

Wolfgang

Nice collection wolfgang. I don't know whats more impressive, the collection or the fact that you've not even looked at these in 32 years! I just couldn't do that, I admire mine (even in a cabinet) as often as I can.
    Thanks for showing anyway, sorry my comments a little belated, matty

?

Incredible! These are very clean pieces you have here I should put some Renwax on my SA, I suppose? Sounds like a good idea to preserve them as yours are. Thanks for sharing this lovely array of SA daggers!
    Cheers,
    Dean.

?

Quote by wolfeknives View Post
    I used to worry about using the wax on the painted/laquer parts and the motto as well. A museum friend who introduced me to the Renwax told me to use it on any part that may be handled or wiped. Once the wax has been applied, you will be wiping the surface of the wax, not the surface of the finish. This helps preserve any of the remaining laquer on the sheath as well. That made sense to me, so I have been using it that way for years. It is a wonderful product, especially for blades. Without it the fingerprint on the Haastert and Bull could have been a problem within minutes.

Wolfgang

Thanks Wolfgang, this is what i really wanted to know

Now lets see more of your lovely SAs

Regards Mac 66.

This one is another Eickhorn. I think it is likely a factory ground Rohm? Just judging by the logo placement and the difference in crossgrain between front and back of the blade. The condition of the blade is very nice, as is the scabbard. The dagger does show some honest wear, has a nice feel to it. The bottom of the lower crossguard is benchmarked 8.

Wolfgang

Closet Archaeology
    Closet Archaeology
    Closet Archaeology

A pleasure to see superb condition and well handled daggers! I especially like the Full Rohm. It's about Time you brought these poor lads back out into the fresh air again! I much look forward to seeing the chained piece! Thank you for posting these beauts!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Wolfgang that is a great looking Eick!
    Very hard theses days to find a factory ground Rohm in this condition.
    Normally i avoid ground Rohms because i dislike the tortured blades they normally have, but a Factory ground like this i would buy any time!
    Great to see the zapon lacquer still present, the anodation looks very nice.
    a wonderful addition to any collection, and i agree with William......let them BREATHE

Thx for showing,
    Ger

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast