Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Closet Archaeology

Article about: The lower placement of the SA sigrunne button is another Eickhorn trait! I can see the the motto is the deeper cut etch..if I am not mistaken. Regards Larry

The lower placement of the SA sigrunne button is another Eickhorn trait!

I can see the the motto is the deeper cut etch..if I am not mistaken. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Closet Archaeology
    P
    Many

?

Wolfgang,

Super condition blade on this lovely ground Rohm Eickhorn

You have great taste in well preserved daggers !

Mac 66.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    The lower placement of the SA sigrunne button is another Eickhorn trait!

I can see the the motto is the deeper cut etch..if I am not mistaken. Regards Larry

I would not have thought about the button placement Larry, thank you for pointing that out. I had hoped that someone would point out some of the traits for different makers since I am likely not the only one who is ignorant of the finer points when it comes to these daggers. The motto etch is deep. It also retains more of the darkening than is evident in the photos.
    I have to admit, these daggers are growing on me, having handled them so much for photography. They have a nice solid, compact feel.

Wolfgang
    Last edited by wolfeknives; 01-08-2014 at 06:53 PM.

Right you are Wolfgang.... There is so many details to observe as is the same with various other dagger types. What the Heer collector sees in the grip eagles eye or brow is what the SA and SS collector sees in scabbard screws and hilt configurations. I wholly agree about it being strong and compact IMO these daggers were made tough for a reason as the beholder had an honor and protection of the fatherland .... Street Fights and conflicts were bound to happen. These and other dagger types are not just made sturdy and handsome.. But a form or Art. Looking forward to more!!! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5