Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

For the Collector that loves SA's

Article about: There are plenty of daggers with patina, nicotine, and even old lacquer, that encrust the metal components of their of their makeup. But when you hold one in your hands that has had the fitt

?

Default For the Collector that loves SA's

There are plenty of daggers with patina, nicotine, and even old lacquer, that encrust the metal components of their of their makeup. But when you hold one in your hands that has had the fittings period gilt, you truly know what you are looking at. And that ain't no dirt. ))

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement For the Collector that loves SA's
    P
    Many

?

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture For the Collector that loves SA's   For the Collector that loves SA's  

Agree !! going to the shows and picking up these early ones..there is no doubt about the weight and feel they have...one can actually feel the difference between makers. Surely this type of patina and the unclean cruddy ones are classics....and classics can be copied..but never like the real thing Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture For the Collector that loves SA's   For the Collector that loves SA's  

For the Collector that loves SA's   For the Collector that loves SA's  

?

Well JR that is a lovely looking dagger!
    When i got 1 in hand that has either gilt or nicotine i normally feel if the grip or scabbard is kinda sticky.
    I have had lovely SA daggers that had a great so called patina, that only turned out to be nicotine & dirt so sticky that it Always sticked at your hand palms!
    In that case i did removed the nicotine, otherwise the dagger could not be taken without washing your hands afterwards!

This dagger you show here is a lovely one!

Cheers,
    Ger

When I first got my early Justinuswerk I was quite tempted to clean'er up but now i'm glad I left the patination intact.

?

JR,

What a real Beauty

Am i right in saying this is a true SA marine dagger ?

Thanks For Showing

Regards Mac 66.

Again, incredible piece JR! Keep them coming! It's so nice to see these early works of incredible craftsmanship. Thank you!
    Mark

?

Indeed it is Mac. It's neat to see that when placed in the scabbard, how the components of the buckle of the hanger contacted the lower crossguard, imparting wear to each in the corresponding areas. This one was going to our website to be listed. But my adult son put the big hand on it for his collection, the moment that he saw it. )))

?

Quote by JRMeda View Post
    Indeed it is Mac. It's neat to see that when placed in the scabbard, how the components of the buckle of the hanger contacted the lower crossguard, imparting wear to each in the corresponding areas. This one was going to our website to be listed. But my adult son put the big hand on it for his collection, the moment that he saw it. )))

Cool JR

I bet it never comes out of your sons collection for a long time,

Cheers Mac 66.