Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Correct fit

Article about: Hello I would welcome your comments on the fit of this SA dagger in its scabbard please. Do you think they belong together from the day they were made? I'm hopeless in knowing if they're rig

Default Correct fit

Hello

I would welcome your comments on the fit of this SA dagger in its scabbard please.

Do you think they belong together from the day they were made?

I'm hopeless in knowing if they're right or not. I don't really know what to look for!

Any help would be great.

Thanks
    JohnCorrect fit

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Correct fit
    P
    Many

Firstly, are you sure you've got it the right way around?? Lol.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I think so big ned as you look at it the eagle is facing you and the suspension ring is to the right.

Quote by flintlock View Post
    I think so big ned as you look at it the eagle is facing you and the suspension ring is to the right.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I think you're kidding me big ned. 😀😀
    Just shows how stupid I am. lol 👍

Generic P&A crossguards would fit many scabbard types as would certain rarer producers the same. Its the spin of the roulette wheel ..and hard to prove if it was together from day one..or together today.

I could of swore that was an NPEA grip..but thanks for pointing out the detail about the eagle ...lol

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The Fit looks good to me, Patina crossguards en scabbard fitting looks similar, but if it belongs together is hard to say , you have to see the whole condition of the dagger.

Regards Rafael

Quote by Larry C View Post
    hard to prove if it was together from day one..or together today.
    I frequented Charing Cross undercover market in London during the early 70's. Where I started my dealing..........There were piles of SA daggers laid out on tables, from one particular dealer, who would have no issues with you swapping scabbards until you found a better fitting one And all one price £30 each....... Those were the days.