Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Dagger SA RZM 7/9 1941

Article about: Hello I would like to know the opinion of this dagger SA. Unfortunately eagle time removed. Thank you

Default Dagger SA RZM 7/9 1941

Hello
    I would like to know the opinion of this dagger SA.
    Unfortunately eagle time removed.
    Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dagger SA RZM 7/9 1941   Dagger SA RZM 7/9 1941  

Dagger SA RZM 7/9 1941   Dagger SA RZM 7/9 1941  

Dagger SA RZM 7/9 1941   Dagger SA RZM 7/9 1941  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dagger SA RZM 7/9 1941
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum Malo..interesting name .... malo in Spanish meaning bad and I wont comment on the rest

Late SA RZM dagger in a less desirable condition.
    Someone painted the scabbard fittings white or a dull silver as the photos seem to appear.

The main attraction on these SA daggers IMO is the National eagle which has erroneously been removed further devaluing this dagger.
    The blade is the only saving grace although over polished and having some staining ..still shows the struggle of the early SA movement.
    There is history in this dagger but lacking in original character.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

yes post-war denationalization, a dagger is a finding.
    Can I get the original eagle from aluminum?

You may find one if you contact our forum sponsor Lakesidetrader | German WWII Daggers & Medals

and see if he may have one or look into his SA dagger inventory for a better grade SA dagger that has not been messed with.
    I would prefer to have a whole example that has not been damaged than to add a detail that was not original to the dagger. Just my thoughts.

Contact the link above.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

So Larry I was looking at this scabbard and the scabbard fittings MAY be zinc. So very late war examples have been found to have zinc fittings that were plated. They are a lot thicker than the steel, brittle and wanting to crack or break and finally of course non-magnetic.