Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Dagger SA without manufacturer

Article about: I need help with this dagger. Everything seems correct, but it has no manufacturer on the sheet. Looking at the sheet, it looks like it is polished or flattened. This is normal? I had not se

Default Dagger SA without manufacturer

I need help with this dagger.

Everything seems correct, but it has no manufacturer on the blade.

Looking at the blade, it looks like it is polished or flattened.

This is normal? I had not seen it before.

Can it be a Röhm model?

Thanks everyone for your help

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dagger SA without manufacturer  
    Last edited by javierlorite; 10-03-2018 at 06:42 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dagger SA without manufacturer
    P
    Many

Hello
    No not polished.. looks to be grinded..?
    And with sheet i persume you mean the blade..
    Looks more like someone used steelwool or sandpaper on the blade, maybe to remove rust spots..
    Not a dagger i would recommend.
    The handle is cracked many places etc.
    No scabbard?
    I would find a better one.

Best regards
    Lt. Col
    Ullergaard

yes, sorry, blade. The part where the manufacturer goes is flatter

Can the manufacturer be known in any way?

The dagger is mine, no problem. But I find it strange that I do not have a manufacturer and I am looking for an explanation.

?

Could be a ground rohm and they took the entire makers off along with the inscription.

If you can take a peek inside the upper and lower guards..there will be found casting letters or a symbol.

show pics of the inside upper and lower guard and will narrow down a few possibilities of a producer or producers.

Regards Larry

This dagger appears to be a put together of varied fittings. Lets see the casting marks first and move forward from there
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    If you can take a peek inside the upper and lower guards..there will be found casting letters or a symbol.

show pics of the inside upper and lower guard and will narrow down a few possibilities of a producer or producers.

Regards Larry

This dagger appears to be a put together of varied fittings. Lets see the casting marks first and move forward from there
    the photos of the interior

as you see? Do you need more photos?

Thankyou for these photos and is all that are needed.

The Tang marking being A within a circle and 5 was one of a few foundrys that produced blade blanks for Ernst Pack when needed.

The guards are marked by a square with a letter G inside and comes back to SA Producer Hugo Linder. No other listings of producers are seen with this rare marking and not seen with any Rohm dagger producers.

The SA Gruppe "Sa" is not a known SA gruppe that Pack daggers were sent to ..plus the fact these guards are not Ernst Pack which would explain the poor grip fit.
    The grip is a mid period large pore grain type.

The Tang marking 30 is what would be seen on Honor daggers produced by Eickhorn.
    The reverse blade itself does not give me any inclination that this once had a Rohm inscription and just has heavy scrape marks all the way up to the blade shoulders.

I still stand by my thoughts in Post #5 as being put together with varied fittings. The #30 on the tang does not mean anything to a standard SA em dagger. This stamping may be recent.

Parts dagger at best. Is there a scabbard ?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Well Larry thats a very nice summum of this dagger, put together partsdagger, imo not collectible, as there are plenty outthere which are textbook and affordable when found in a normal to good condition.

My advise: dont spend money on a dagger like this, its waisted……

Ger

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Thankyou for these photos and is all that are needed.

The Tang marking being A within a circle and 5 was one of a few foundrys that produced blade blanks for Ernst Pack when needed.

The guards are marked by a square with a letter G inside and comes back to SA Producer Hugo Linder. No other listings of producers are seen with this rare marking and not seen with any Rohm dagger producers.

The SA Gruppe "Sa" is not a known SA gruppe that Pack daggers were sent to ..plus the fact these guards are not Ernst Pack which would explain the poor grip fit.
    The grip is a mid period large pore grain type.

The Tang marking 30 is what would be seen on Honor daggers produced by Eickhorn.
    The reverse blade itself does not give me any inclination that this once had a Rohm inscription and just has heavy scrape marks all the way up to the blade shoulders.

I still stand by my thoughts in Post #5 as being put together with varied fittings. The #30 on the tang does not mean anything to a standard SA em dagger. This stamping may be recent.

Parts dagger at best. Is there a scabbard ?

Regards Larry
    No, the dagger was without scabbard.