Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

damascus sa daggers

Article about: Some days ago i posted some pictures of a SA presentation dagger with a damascus blade. I almost bought the dagger and almost lost a lot of money so i took some pictures of the dagger before

Default damascus sa daggers

Some days ago i posted some pictures of a SA presentation dagger with a damascus blade. I almost bought the dagger and almost lost a lot of money so i took some pictures of the dagger before i send it back. I also found some interresting information regarding these blades so anyone who is thinkking about buying one of these look carefully!

on the pictures below you find that the treith has a markingnr 1936 don't be fooled by this marker it is a known marker for copies made in the seventies (more info see the link:

German Dagger Reproductions.

Also the inside of the tang looks realy cheap in detailing. You also see that the SA logo is off a few degrees. The scabbard looks to be real but this can be added later through the years. More info about this kind of dagger and some more comments about it you see here:

Axis History Forum • View topic - S.A. Oberfuhrer presentation dagger ID help please!!!.

When you look at it some more you find a lot of faults like the fittings of the woden handle and the detailing of the eagle.

More info and comments are welcome! So that other people and collectors not make the mistake of buying this fancy letter opener!

greatings
    Eddy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture damascus sa daggers   damascus sa daggers  

damascus sa daggers   damascus sa daggers  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement damascus sa daggers
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: damascus sa daggers

thanks for posting this, it may help some one else from getting burned.

Hi Eddy, this confirms my original suspictions about this dagger.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...daggers-14734/

Cheers, Ade.

hi ade, you'r right about that one. it cost me a lot of time to find al of this information but it pays out on the end. i just hope that other people learn from this, the more information the better! i did buy the other wehrmacht dolch i had posted pictures of, the one with the dedication etching. it turns out to be an verry rare original. it was marked by alcosa i will post some more pics and information soon!

greetings, eddy

HDTony
    ?

Eddy

Thank you for posting this information. We always learn some thing new, and some time it is hard to keep up with all the reproductions that were made.

Tony