Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Dittert SA dagger

Article about: Hey guys Annoyed from this ads?   Just brought home this rare maker with minty blade. This is first time I have seen this maker,i think is #9 on the rarity list.

?

Lovely dagger Ivan

Please tell me if my eyes or the pics trick me but it looks like the blade has been over cleaned, blacking in motto seem to have lost a bit in color depth and i miss a bit the crossgrain factory luster, but it could be the pics....
    This one is rated a 8 by R.Siegert

regards,
    Ger
    Dittert SA dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dittert SA dagger
    P
    Many

You have to admit Ger..you just had birthday..and your a year older.....I can see you coming up fast in my rear view mirror ...In the first photo I see prominent crossgraining and an over cleaning..would of taken away the original burnishing away. Im still seeing both.

Dittert SA dagger Dittert SA dagger

By the way..I get my glasses from this producer

Dittert SA dagger
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Yes Larry...i know im getting old....er
    I see both in this blade, cleaned motto side, and grain on the logo side, thats why i asked if it were the pics...or my eyes
    Blacking in the motto is not as black as i would expect, but then again sometimes its very hard to capture it the right way on a picture
    Im sure Ivan will clear this up
    here is what i mean, compare it to my Herder blacking
    Regards,
    Ger
    Dittert SA daggerDittert SA daggerDittert SA daggerDittert SA dagger

Great comparison Herder being a larger producer the application would differ compared to the smaller producer. Some of the smaller producers have painted their mottos as what appears to be what Im seeing
    the "n" and "d" in Deutschland having that dried "curdled" effect.

Separate and apart from the burnishing.....Collectors tend to think that this burnishing was removed over the last 30 or 40 yrs..which may be true..with some of the SAs ....yet ..one must consider that The SA Mann himself..being in Proud status of owning such a knife...would also himself..become a " Cleaning Zealot " and over cleaning / polishing his blade. Fortunately for Us collectors there were those SA Men who left theirs alone..as what we see in the photos above. Most desirable is the fact that a rare producer accompanied with a great condition dagger and a dark motto seems to still make their way through the cracks of the collecting community..and on some "front steps"

Fortunately,,these 2 examples has survived the abuse of what is thought as preservation by the inexperienced. Waiting on Ivan also Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hey guys
    Ger,I will make some pictures later today when I get home.

Thanks

great one.

Ok goys,here are more pictures.
    The blade was never cleaned and buffed.
    Regards

Dittert SA daggerDittert SA daggerDittert SA daggerDittert SA daggerDittert SA daggerDittert SA daggerDittert SA daggerDittert SA dagger

?

Thc Ivan,

pics can be decieving, this is a lovely blade
    Thx for adding these pics!

Ger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2