MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early Eickhorn SA Dagger

Article about: Hey guys, Thought it was about time to post up another piece from my collection. This one is a ground Rohm SA Dagger by Carl Eickhorn. It's in good condition but most of the maker's mark was

Default Early Eickhorn SA Dagger

Hey guys,

Thought it was about time to post up another piece from my collection. This one is a ground Rohm SA Dagger by Carl Eickhorn. It's in good condition but most of the maker's mark was ground off when the inscription was removed. Let me know what you think! Thanks!

Early Eickhorn SA DaggerEarly Eickhorn SA DaggerEarly Eickhorn SA DaggerEarly Eickhorn SA DaggerEarly Eickhorn SA DaggerEarly Eickhorn SA DaggerEarly Eickhorn SA Dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Eickhorn SA Dagger
    P
    Many

Nice early Eickhorn and in fine shape. The blade is loaded with crossgrain and the grip is looking great. All nickel fittings and nice anodized sheath. From the pommel nut, it doesn't look like it's ever been opened up! Nothing wrong with This beauty!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Nice bench marked Eick.

These SA Rohm Eicks are found with the early large oval at its normal position and with the close to the guard small logo.
    This one is looking great, often the anodisation on the Rohm Eicks scabbard is thin and easily build up an amount of light rust.
    The one you show is in great shape with also traces of the original lacquer ( Zapon lac) on the anodisation.
    Nice Original one with the typical thick throat lip, and "chunky" guards, a nice addition to any collection.

Regards,
    Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 01-07-2015 at 11:56 AM.

Super dagger. Very nice.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Klash...great dagger with the early Large Double Oval logo.,,as Gerrit has outlined. Not too many of this Rohm variant are seen as much as the smaller logo. Also a common Eickhorn trait is the setting of the Runes button lower into the upper grips triangle..which other producers keep the runes button closer to the top crosguard. Some Eickhorn grips will also be found with it closer to the upper guard...but the majority of the production run of these were set lower. Regards Larry

below are 2 photos of my early non Rohm Eickhorn:
    1. Runes button setting the same as your example
    2. and also on my dagger a #4 bench mark is seen

Early Eickhorn SA Dagger Early Eickhorn SA Dagger
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Setting the runes button lower in the grip had the advantage of reducing splits in the wood. Is strange that the other makers did not follow suit.
    William

?

Welcome klashownz,

Thats a very nice early ground Rohm by Eickhorn with the large oval trademark

I personally like these early Eick SAs for there quality build & lovely grips .

Mac 66.

Thank you all! Here's a family pic (only a small group of my collection )

Early Eickhorn SA Dagger

Do you have a Vertical hanger And a Belt Clip hanger as well on that Model 33?
    William

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Do you have a Vertical hanger And a Belt Clip hanger as well on that Model 33?
    Yes, there are better pics of the markings on both in the thread (SS section). It is how I received it directly from the vet's wife.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast