Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Early NSKK dagger by Adolf Volker

Article about: This NSKK with the gruppe Mitte Gaumarking is an early one in more then decent condition! Its a 7 on the rarity scale, so you dont see them that often Lovely blonde grip, great scabbard with

?

Larry i have been looking into the burnish and after painting of the motto.
    It seems Volker did the same thing as Heller & Bickel.
    I have seen 2 kinds of burnish sofar: repainted ones and deep grey ones.
    The painted ones show much pimpling, the deep grey etchs dont.
    here two others with painted black Motto
    and the last picture with a grey Motto
    Regards,
    Ger
    Early NSKK dagger by Adolf VolkerEarly NSKK dagger by Adolf Volker
    Early NSKK dagger by Adolf Volker

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early NSKK dagger by Adolf Volker
    P
    Many

Hi Gerrit...what is common is what you have pointed out in regards to burnishing and pimpling. I have noticed alot of pimpling mostly in Thuringia makers....but also I have seen it with some major producers and Boker being one of them. Painted etches also are common in some producers also...my attention was brought to etch as it looks more "Curdled" in appearance and has nothing to do with paint or burnishing. It is possible that this might be one of the blades that got by the QC department and this one may have been the one. I dont think this etch detracts from the overall authenticity and worth..it is one that just slipped through. Coin collectors seek the double stamped coins...not because its a bad stamp or hit..but as a rarity..among collectors. In the coin case that small find is worth thousands of dollars to the coin collector...but in the case of TR daggers?...sorry keep playing the lottery guys..its a whole different expectation in collecting..with condition and craftmanship leading the race.

A deep closer look into the etch under a an eye loupe show some traces of the etch process. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Larry,

i see what you mean, i have never encountered it before this way either.
    A pity i dont collect coins...hahaha, although i have found a few Thousand the last 10 years with my metaldetector
    If you like i can post a few Macro's of the Motto, then you can realy see what it looks like

Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 03-24-2014 at 12:25 PM.

That would be great..and a study for all.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Larry as requested a Macro picture of the Motto, traces of the black paint enforce the curdled view.
    This is the last i can do as i promised this one to Jonas and i shipped him 3 today.
    Cheers,
    Ger
    Attachment 666093Early NSKK dagger by Adolf Volker

Interesting and thankyou Ger..for the close up pic. The black paint remains in the recesses of the etch..which topically the black paint had worn off over time from cleaning possibly. The etch then IMO is period..but done rather in efficiently....or with a combination of impurities in the steel during the forge process. First one that i encountered of this type..might be a homework project to see if there are other "Monday Morning" Volkers out there. Regards Larry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2