Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Early NSKK Dagger Pfeilringwerk

Article about: Hi Guys I want to show you my latest addition. This time a very nice untouched early NSKK dagger by Pfeilringwerk witch have a amazing makers mark. I think this dagger has everything what we

Quote by RafaelDaggers View Post
    Please visit my website Wilhelm there you can read and learn a lot about these daggers
    I know your website. I just asked a simple question: what is early for NSKK with a black scabbard?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early NSKK Dagger Pfeilringwerk
    P
    Many

The only late thing on a NSKK is the paint hard to say when this is done, It is period so somewhere between 1933-1945.
    For the rest it is equal to an early SA.

Quote by RafaelDaggers View Post
    The only late thing on a NSKK is the paint hard to say when this is done, It is period so somewhere between 1933-1945.
    For the rest it is equal to an early SA.
    From 1933 through mid-1936 all NSKK daggers should have a brown scabbard,
    according to regulation as for the SA (so 1933, 1934, 1935 up through mid-1936).
    In mid-1936 Hühnlein authorized the change for black (see order). So when you
    speak of early black for NSKK, this can't be before mid-1936 (actually April). With
    the regulation from December 1, 1936 it was officially arranged.

From 1933 till 1936 this daggers were normal SA daggers I know that, starting from 1936 they have black scabbards required so to recognize them as NSKK daggers. I know that but I don,t know why you ask me if you know that too.?
    This dagger in question we call it an early version because the materials they used from 1933-1935 and have a makers mark on it as Krisse pointed out.
    When this dagger get his paint job does not matter it remains an early NSKK.
    By the NSKK daggers were worn between 1933 and 1936 are for us just SA daggers because there are simply no other details in its processed.

?

Early in this case refers only to the used materials, as said above, nikkel etc....the cheapest way to make the move to the NSKK dagger wise was to simply paint the scabbard black...
    We do on occasion see an all early NSKK with a black anodised scabbard and an early dagger, hard to find but they do exist.
    If you were new to the NSKK in lets say 1936 for example you would simply buy a RZM NSKK dagger with the factory painted scabbard with chrome plated fittings....

Regards
    Ger

A nice and desireable early SA TM, good to know that this old firm is still in the cutlery business.

A very fine great conditioned NSKK.

Most pleasing is the very tight fit of grip ,cross guards and guard to scabbard throat. Perfect

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Cor
    ?

Very interesting what Johnson say;
    "Pfeilringwerk (which is actually Müller & Schmidt) TM. See page 466 of the Fisher trademark reference. This manufacturer grades a #8 on the McSarr’s trademark listing".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2