Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

early SA dagger by Aug. Knecht

Article about: This is a lovely early dagger by Aug. Knecht. Lovely blade and straight and dentfree scabbard. Gau marking is No, normally Knecht has the Nm marking. Ive been asked to look at its originalit

?

Default early SA dagger by Aug. Knecht

This is a lovely early dagger by Aug. Knecht.
    Lovely blade and straight and dentfree scabbard.
    Gau marking is No, normally Knecht has the Nm marking.
    Ive been asked to look at its originality by a starting Dutch Collector , and i want to share these dagger pics with you.
    In courtesy of Erik here are the pics.
    Cheers,
    Ger
    early SA dagger by Aug. Knechtearly SA dagger by Aug. Knechtearly SA dagger by Aug. Knechtearly SA dagger by Aug. Knechtearly SA dagger by Aug. Knechtearly SA dagger by Aug. Knechtearly SA dagger by Aug. Knechtearly SA dagger by Aug. Knecht

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement early SA dagger by Aug. Knecht
    P
    Many

According to the list compiled by Larry, Knecht's Gau marks are both Nm and No, so not a problem. The lacquer on the sheath anodizing is flaking but that is normal also and not too ugly. Blade's got some nice crosshatching, which is always nice to see and the grip isn't all banged up or stained. This looks like a nice solid August Knecht earlier SA, to me. I'm not seeing anything amiss. It's sheath tip ball is crushed, but nothing unusual there either. If it's at a decent price, I would say go for it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Looks fine.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Ger,

Thats a very nice early Aug.Knecht,

Blade looks to be in lovely condition.

Mac 66.

?

William the Gau Marking is updated with the No because of this dagger, before only Nm was known.
    Regards,
    Ger

Ooooh, sneaky, Ger! lol Well, if that crossguard doesn't belong there, it sure is a fine Fit in any case. A person would have had to replace the entire 4 pieces of the grip,which I doubt, as it looks like it's been together from day one. I still would advise to go for it, and if it Is the only one of it's kind marking, it's an even better bonus.
    William

Hi Ger tell your friend Erik....thankyou greatly for his photos. Love the maker and the crossguard grip fit is tight!! Really nice to see that. The logo as mentioned in the past of the " Logo Trivia thread" looks to be something out of a Monty Python Holy Grail Movie. ..which was deemed.."Thy Holy Hand Grenade"

This dagger is in great condition Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

"And thou shalt count to Three....not Two...not Four....but Three...."
    William

"Five is right out"

wow a v/nice one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast