Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early SA dagger by Haenel Suhl

Article about: I wanted to show you this dagger before it leaves me. Its been a while since i posted a SA dagger as you all know i switced to the army daggers, not very hard when you might know im in the p

?

Default Early SA dagger by Haenel Suhl

I wanted to show you this dagger before it leaves me.
    Its been a while since i posted a SA dagger as you all know i switced to the army daggers, not very hard when you might know im in the process of making an army dagger book with my good friend Danny.
    Overal fit is great as you will see in the pictures below.
    It comes with a virgin topnut that was loose when i got the dagger.
    That offered me the perfect oppurtunity to open it up with causing any damage, it opened up very easily.
    If it would have been tightly secured i wouldnt even think about opening it up.
    I was interested in the tang and crossguard marking, also seen that Suhl makers often marked their grips, my former Kober had one too.
    The guards are marked with the K in cirkel, top one has 2 K's and the lower one also has an 8.
    The grip is marked with 2 letters: G.K.
    Tang has a cross on one side and the Anchor above waves on the other side, it looks like they bought this blade from the Heller factory.
    This is one of the Suhl makers with the low step crossguard also known as Suhler Stufe.
    I Always admired the Haenel grips and think they belong to the best of the SA grips, this one aint different.
    perfectly inlayed eagle and runebutton.
    The blade has lots of crossgrain left but has been cleaned in the past.
    The dagger looks more shiny as it is, it has a of bit a dull appearance.
    Anodised scabbard is looking pretty decent and the scabbard ball is undamaged.
    a sort after maker in a pretty decent condition, not mint but still very collectable.
    enjoy the pics!
    Regards,
    Ger
    Early SA dagger by Haenel SuhlEarly SA dagger by Haenel SuhlEarly SA dagger by Haenel SuhlEarly SA dagger by Haenel SuhlEarly SA dagger by Haenel SuhlEarly SA dagger by Haenel SuhlEarly SA dagger by Haenel SuhlEarly SA dagger by Haenel SuhlEarly SA dagger by Haenel SuhlEarly SA dagger by Haenel SuhlEarly SA dagger by Haenel SuhlEarly SA dagger by Haenel SuhlEarly SA dagger by Haenel SuhlEarly SA dagger by Haenel SuhlEarly SA dagger by Haenel SuhlEarly SA dagger by Haenel SuhlEarly SA dagger by Haenel SuhlEarly SA dagger by Haenel Suhl

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early SA dagger by Haenel Suhl
    P
    Many

Looking good Gerrit!

Hey Ger beautiful dagger you have there! also the inside is interesting as we learn a bit more about this great suhl daggers. also the sa gou is what you expect on a haenel

superb piece , thanks for sharing , my only SA dagger is by Wilh Kober , not sure what they are on the "rarity" list
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early SA dagger by Haenel Suhl   Early SA dagger by Haenel Suhl  

Hi Ger..I have yet to post mine acquired at this past Max Show being in the same condition as yours posted. I did not have the heart to take mine down ..as it had a heavy patina on the guards. Tight fit no room for dental floss .

The infamous "K" guards we also see on Haco daggers there are none other like them, Yet it seems Haco did the opposite with their guards by keeping the lower step the same as most produced guards..but thinning the over all height.

This is a nice dagger Gerrit..and totally what is expected to see in details and craftmanship. A True Haenel..which any Suhl dagger is a Highlight of any SA collection. Nice

@ Australia nice Kober Ausssie ! Also another well crafted producer. A separate thread would be best to post yours to see yours in detail...no one ever gets tired of seeing these at all.
    Excellent Gents Well done Gerrit..you saved me from the temptation of seeking to look up my Haenels skirt Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

like it ,shame to part with it.

?

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    like it ,shame to part with it.
    No worries, it falls in good hands It stays on the forum ^^

Another very nice dagger Ger what is the crossguard marking ? i cant make it out, cant remember seeing that one before, (could it be a poorly stamped "sa" )very nice indeed
    cheers Ronnie

Ger, Very Nice!! Thank You for sharing. Best Regards, Fred

The real shame is that I won't be the recipient... That's one I'd love to own!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast