Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Early SA Dienstdolch by Friedrich Geigis

Article about: by gerrit i have 6 early SA's coming and 2 Heer slants Did you rob a bank ger?

?

Default Early SA Dienstdolch by Friedrich Geigis

This SA dagger by Friedrich Geigis is a rare one to find, both McSarr & R.Siegert list it as a 10.
    (R.Siegert lists it also as a 1000 or less produced one)
    Its got a lovely dent free grip, its insiginia are perfectly inlayed, its shows a little shrinking but its has a beautiful fit to the guards.
    It has a very detailed nickel silver Eagle and the SA button is complete with no cracks.
    The scabbard is dent free with a nice dark coloured anodising, showing on the front still a thin layer of factory lacquer, on the back its worn off.
    The blade still has almost all of its original cross grain, not being perfectly mirror bright: looking very closely it shows some minor aging on a few spots, but overall in a lovely condition!
    Etching is nice and blacking is still present, Always nice to see that its color depends on light fall, from grey to black.
    It has a lovely hanger, non marked as it should, missing the little strap loop.
    Enjoy this good looking SA dagger by a very rare maker!

Cheers Ger
    Early SA Dienstdolch by Friedrich GeigisEarly SA Dienstdolch by Friedrich GeigisEarly SA Dienstdolch by Friedrich GeigisEarly SA Dienstdolch by Friedrich GeigisEarly SA Dienstdolch by Friedrich GeigisEarly SA Dienstdolch by Friedrich GeigisEarly SA Dienstdolch by Friedrich GeigisEarly SA Dienstdolch by Friedrich GeigisEarly SA Dienstdolch by Friedrich GeigisEarly SA Dienstdolch by Friedrich GeigisEarly SA Dienstdolch by Friedrich GeigisEarly SA Dienstdolch by Friedrich GeigisEarly SA Dienstdolch by Friedrich GeigisEarly SA Dienstdolch by Friedrich GeigisEarly SA Dienstdolch by Friedrich GeigisEarly SA Dienstdolch by Friedrich GeigisEarly SA Dienstdolch by Friedrich GeigisEarly SA Dienstdolch by Friedrich GeigisEarly SA Dienstdolch by Friedrich GeigisEarly SA Dienstdolch by Friedrich GeigisEarly SA Dienstdolch by Friedrich GeigisEarly SA Dienstdolch by Friedrich GeigisEarly SA Dienstdolch by Friedrich GeigisEarly SA Dienstdolch by Friedrich GeigisEarly SA Dienstdolch by Friedrich Geigis
    Last edited by gerrit; 11-20-2013 at 01:29 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early SA Dienstdolch by Friedrich Geigis
    P
    Many

?

Ger,

You never cease to amaze me, Congrats

Lovely grip & the overall condition is Mega !!

Rare maker as well, what more can you ask for ?

Cheers Mac 66.

Another work of Art!! Beautiful Ger!! I like the original snap clip on it also. Keep an eye on the black specs on the blade...dont let it grow into what happened to my WKC SA. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Top stuff Ger, thanks for posting.

Very nice! The crossguards and scabbard fittings are very shiney...have they been polished do you think?

?

An excellent dagger Mr Ger...& some top dollar photos..Thanks for showing.. Cheers Terry.

?

Thank you Gents for the nice replies!

Larry, the blade has been sealed already by me when i cleaned this dagger.

Glenn this dagger was nicely taken care of by its former owner, but also had a bit sticky nicotine layer on it.
    I love the dull patina that some nickel SA's have after some decades, but when the dagger is a bit sticky from the dirt instead of a patina then i clean it.
    This one i cleaned with some soapwater and dried it with a soft cloth, that was enough to remove the dirt but also brought back the silver nickel shine.

Ger

Hi Ger, did your fittings look like this by any chance?

Early SA Dienstdolch by Friedrich Geigis

?

Glenn the fittings looked yellow with some black tarnish, strangly when i bought it the pics showed the dagger with better color then in hand.
    The same i had with a Tiger striped SA dagger, so sticky in hand that it wasnt pleasant to hold.
    Just some warm soapwater and a soft cloth turned it back in silver shine, no need to rob.

When it had the same color like the one you showed and it wasnt sticky i would have kept it the way it was.
    Love the gripp you show, maybe post the dagger? would like to see that one!
    Strangly the thin layer doesnt effect the scabbard fittings the way it does the cross guards...i see it with yours the same like this Geigis.

Ger

?

Another beautiful SA dagger Ger! Just the way I like them, beautiful anodised scabbard, great blade, great grip and by a rare maker too! Well done my friend

Danny

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast