Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ehrendolch der SA-Verbände der Freien Stadt Danzig/Gruppe Weichselland

Article about: Hi guys, just want to share pictures of an auction I found yesterday on the web. This honor dagger of the SA group of the town of Danzig changed owner for 4,000 Euros. I love the amber grip

First thing that come to mind is "pimp my dagger" , beautiful looking piece

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ehrendolch der SA-Verbände der Freien Stadt Danzig/Gruppe Weichselland
    P
    Many

?

"pimp my dagger"...that's a really good idea

by the way...4,000 Euros...I think that's incredibly cheap for a dagger like this...

harti

?

Wow beautiful piece! Thanks for sharing

I'm quite sceptical personally, anyone?

edit: It seems it's a very pretty lemon:

Hermann Historica - Internationales Auktionshaus für Antiken, Alte Waffen, Orden und Ehrenzeichen, Historische Sammlungsstücke

"Very good collecter's [sic] reproduction."

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I'm quite sceptical personally, anyone?
    I would be if I was the one purchasing it.... I would want all kinds of documentation... So many "one off's" and personalized daggers did exist that I don't know how you would ever prove it as period without some kind of provenance.

Quote by Slade View Post
    I would be if I was the one purchasing it.... I would want all kinds of documentation... So many "one off's" and personalized daggers did exist that I don't know how you would ever prove it as period without some kind of provenance.
    It is expressly offered as a replica piece.

(The question is whether it is actually based on an existing item and, if so, how accurate a reproduction it is. It is, however, definitely not real.)

I consider that a terrible deal for the buyer...He will never be able to resell this reproduction to recoup his 4000 Euros, let alone make a profit...
    I like the case more than the dagger, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

?

A reproduction...?

Oh well...so I don't have to offer the owner 5,000 Euros to buy this dagger

ok...but still a beautiful dagger and an outstanding evidence of craftmanship.

harti

I don't think that this is a replica, reproduction, and/or fantasy piece. Believing that this is the long lost SA dagger that originally belonged to Hermann Göring with the yellow (is it really amber or is it made from a plastic(?) grip that matched his custom made uniform of the same color.
    With maybe just a touch of "hyperbole" to illustrate the point that the daggers were to be worn - and no one would have noticed?? Regards, Fred

I don't recall ever seeing Goering wearing a yellow uniform that would match the color of this fake dagger...
    cheers, Glenn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast