Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

F. von Brosy-Steinberg

Article about: I bought this from a well known dealer. Here is the description on his site when I boight it. It is not for sale. Annoyed from this ads?   Early SA Dagger by Ultra-Rare Maker. F. von Br

Default F. von Brosy-Steinberg

I bought this from a well known dealer. Here is the description on his site when I boight it. It is not for sale.

Early SA Dagger by Ultra-Rare Maker. F. von Brosy-Steinberg, Solingen, crossed anchor and key within circle TM (ULTRA-RARE). Nickel-silver hilt fittings show minor surface wear/age patina with upper edge of reverse lower crossguard group marked, "Ho" (Hochland). NOTE: Uneven strike with "o" faintly impressed into the crossguard. Reddish brown, fine grained wooden grip shows minor surface wear with no cracks or chips and with silver grip eagle and SA insert properly inset. Polished, mirror finish blade grades EX++/Near MINT showing light runner marks with 100% of the light gray background frosting remaining in the deeply etched motto. Dent-free scabbard retains approximately 95% of the brown anodization /lacquer with one spot of oxidation on the lower reverse. Early nickel silver scabbard fittings with unturned screws, show light surface wear with a tiny "ping" to the obverse lower fitting, but no depressions to the lower ball. Dagger is complete with unmarked brown leather hanger and belt loop with early nickel silver buckle and unmarked hanger clip.

F. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-Steinberg

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement F. von Brosy-Steinberg
    P
    Many

So much for rarity..as the frequency to sighting ratio went from a 9 down to a 6-7 in rarity as seen 2 other sightings here on this thread F.VON BROSY-STEINBERG SA Dienstdolch

Hi Max..nice dagger..but there is much over use of direct lighting..drowning out some details, giving false impressions, of different type fittings being used. The red background also reflects onto the brown increasing the color saturation. The dagger would appear better under lesser light conditions ..gray back ground and indirect lighting. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Well it sure feels like a Johnson Ref. Books ad
    Pity it also has the same bad taken pictures, with the same red background, that do not do the dagger any justice.

Max can you post decent pics on a grey background as Larry asked?
    I would like to see this dagger in its full glory.
    With all these light reflections nickel even looks like chrome, and thats a pity, cause i think its a lovely dagger.

Btw quite amusing you are number 3 in 1 week that have a SA dagger by this maker....

Looking forward to the new pics!

Regards,
    Ger

When I get time I will try and take better pictures. I Bought this at the 2005 Max show so it's possible that I bought it from Johnson. I posted this because I saw one posted here going through the new posts lists. How are the pictures on the blue background?

The last dagger I bought was in 2008, so my pictures were all taken with old technology digital cameras

Here is my dagger inventory

MAY & VOM HAU SA DAGGER
    PFEILRINGWERK SA DAGGER
    BROSY
    RZM 7-27 PUMA
    BRUCKMANN
    RZM 7-69
    JP SAUER
    HEANEL
    GRND ROHM HEANEL
    EUGEN SCHEIDT
    ROB GIERSCH
    C LINDER
    RZM 7-12 NSKK
    RZM 7-12 SA
    KOBER
    KOBER
    Anton Wingen
    RZM 7-36

HELBIG 1 ST LUFT
    NAME ENGRAVED EICKHORN ARMY DAGGER

Nice Inventory Max..maybe in time..you can share some photos. You have some key makers in your list Bruckman Eugene Scheidt, C Linder. You have the top 3 Suhk makers also. Very nice. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Max i think grey gives a very good result, like this:
    This lady is the best Early Dienstdolch M33 i've ever had, may i introduce Miss Torley!

looking forward to a better shoot..

Ger

Its snowing here today so I didn't go outside but here is hopefully better pictures

F. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-SteinbergF. von Brosy-Steinberg

?

Thanks Max its a lovely dagger!
    Great fit overall, and way better pics....

Ger

?

Wow, that a Cracker Maxspeed

Regards Mac 66.