Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

F.VON BROSY-STEINBERG SA Dienstdolch

Article about: Correct me if I'm wrong but this seems to have a refinished handle and the wrong parts with this blade. I believe this should have nickel parts with a possible gau stamp on crossguard....wha

?

Default F.VON BROSY-STEINBERG SA Dienstdolch

Correct me if I'm wrong but this seems to have a refinished handle and the wrong parts with this blade. I believe this should have nickel parts with a possible gau stamp on crossguard....what do you say?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture F.VON BROSY-STEINBERG SA Dienstdolch   F.VON BROSY-STEINBERG SA Dienstdolch  

F.VON BROSY-STEINBERG SA Dienstdolch   F.VON BROSY-STEINBERG SA Dienstdolch  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement F.VON BROSY-STEINBERG SA Dienstdolch
    P
    Many

This dagger has been opened a few times....Nothing wrong with that grip at all..as there have been some nice period grips seen..with alternate graining. Most common are the grain in the oak grips we see on Suhl,,Haco, August Bickel daggers. This dagger would be highly collectable..if both crossguards were the early type. But since it is obvious that the dagger has been opened a few times..no telling what originally belongs to the dagger. A lost virginity..and no one will ever know..if any of it is original to the dagger. On a positive note..all parts and fittings..are all authentic. Guards and tang nut are mid to late period. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Its a pity that its a mix of different timeperiods, otherwise it would be a hard to find maker.
    Its condition is rough, but its amazing how good the crossguards fit the grip and the throat.

Cheers,
    Ger

macko
    ?

hello i have te same dagger with the same name in back of ..but inbetter condition ..how much isit worth??

?

Quote by macko View Post
    hello i have te same dagger with the same name in back of ..but inbetter condition ..how much isit worth??
    If you just registered to get a daggers price, then you just could had take a look at Wittmann/Lakesidetraders etc.
    Take off roughly 35% and perhaps you can sell........so take a shot at it in the Classifieds....

but honestly, do you think we can make an indication without seeing 1 picture........well.....we are good...but we are no magicians

your sales advisor......
    Ger

On this forum all Swords and Daggers are worth $2 without photos.

and the $2 is the cost for posted bandwidth

Looking forward to Photos Mack !
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill