Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Feldhernhalle dagger for review.

Article about: A friend of mine is liquidating his collection. He took photos of two interesting/ rare(?) daggers that he'd like me to get more information on. Here we have an SA dagger of some sort. To be

Default Feldhernhalle dagger for review.

A friend of mine is liquidating his collection. He took photos of two interesting/ rare(?) daggers that he'd like me to get more information on.

Here we have an SA dagger of some sort. To be honest, I know nothing about these... but I have never seen one of these before.

Unfortunately, my friend is not the best with technology... This is the best he can do in terms of photos for now... I'll probably have to meet him in person to snap better photos of these myself...

Feldhernhalle dagger for review.Feldhernhalle dagger for review.Feldhernhalle dagger for review.Feldhernhalle dagger for review.Feldhernhalle dagger for review.

I know these photos are no good, but I'd greatly appreciate any and all feedback on these two daggers. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration!
    Last edited by GIZMO8Z; 09-29-2013 at 03:48 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feldhernhalle dagger for review.
    P
    Many

You are correct fantasy item.
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

High end reproduction Feldhernhalle dagger!!.....the damascus is artificial which I would not expect on any high end dagger,,,let alone the pattern. A dead giveaway is a horrid typo on the word "treue"...the letter "t" is small case..which should be in upper case. The letter "M" in Meinem...is a common font flaw in fakes.
    Eickhorn has made silver fitting Feldhernhalle daggers...but there are some flaws in the eagle compared to period examples. I would like to see more photos when possible. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry for the info. I knew it was not of period but did not know it was produced.
    Do you have a pic of a known good one?

Eric

Never seen one! Learning every day, That design is cool as hell.

Yes here is a link to peruse through..and a whole ton of information in detail. I do not want to take the photos nor the text as it does not belong to me. Here is the link. These daggers can be found in the price range near $100,000 US.

The Hermann Göring SA Feldherrnhalle Dagger | wcstumpmilitaria

Keep in mind "RoseGold" is the color of the standard FH dagger fittings. The photos supplied in the link are quite accurate in color.

15 of these daggers are in known collections.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks for the info Larry as this is a new one to me and sorry for saying Fantasy.
    But it did have the modern style repro blade and detail heavy going on.

Eric

?

I dont think this dagger is made to decieve, the grip seems to be made of wood instead of the Original cast type of "plastic".
    I know the owner of the FHH dagger that was sold via GDC a few years ago.
    The grip had a repair at the top of the hilt which was special restored in Belgium by a plastic expert.

In real they look a bit cheap LOL.....

Ger