Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Feldherrnhalle Dagger Erich Reiman

Article about: Yes Sir! That's my baby! Hi guys. Ted here from New Zealand. The other dagger next to Wiki's is mine. Just got it back to NZ.

?

Vlad- Well what a surprise! We have heard about this dagger previously in this thread. I am going to look up Friiz Gornnert and see who he was. And just as Wagner said here is another inscribed Feldherrnhalle. Fantastic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feldherrnhalle Dagger Erich Reiman
    P
    Many

?

Default Dr -Ing Friedrich (Fritz) Gornnert

All- Dr Friedrich (Fritz) Gornnert- Ministeriialdirigent in the Reichluftfahrtministerium. He later became SA- Brigadefuhrer and NSKK Gruppenfuhrer.

?

Default Fritz Gornnert

Feldherrnhalle Dagger Erich ReimanFeldherrnhalle Dagger Erich ReimanFeldherrnhalle Dagger Erich Reiman

Attached are pics of Fitz Gornnert pictured with Goring- He is the one with the part in his hair.

An honour dagger M 37 for leaders of the SA-Standarte "Feldherrnhalle" with dedication to Dr. Friedrich (Fritz) Görnnert, personal adjutant of Reichsmarschall Hermann Göring

Undersecretary Dr. Ing. Friedrich Görnnert (1907 - 1984) enrolled in the SA in 1933. He studied mathematics and physics, graduated in 1939 and was affiliated with participants in the German nuclear arms program. After the war, he continued his career in public service. The dagger bears age marks and visible heat damage. Maker Eickhorn, Solingen, the blade with etched motto "Alles für Deutschland", reverse Eickhorn logo and dedication "Unserem Kamaraden, Fritz Görnnert, zum 18.3.38 die SA-Führer der Adjutantur des Stabschefs" (To our comrade, Fritz Görnnert, on 18 March 1938 the SA officers on the adjutancy of the Chief of Staff). The light metal cross-guard is hollow-wrought, remnants of the brown sycamore grip. Light metal scabbard with carrying rings and two runners, all of which bear vestiges of the typical pale rose gilding. Length 44 cm.
    A few examples were presented to officers of the SA-Standarte "Feldherrnhalle" or to the staff of the SA Chief of Staff. Cf. lot 7274 in Hermann Historica Auction 61, hammer price 65,000 euro.
    Provenance: This honour dagger was found in a house in the Berchtesgaden locality of Maria Gern. The dagger was discovered there, behind a glazed tile stove typical of Upper Bavarian houses. Despite the long idle period and effects of the heat, the blade is in an extraordinarily good state of preservation. The dagger is unique notwithstanding its "as-found" condition.

it was sold in May, 2013 at auction in Germany

Would it be at all possible to see a good straight on close up shot of the eagle on the top guard of the Reiman dagger? Also, the same for the lower guard obverse with the roundel?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Default As Requested

Feldherrnhalle Dagger Erich ReimanFeldherrnhalle Dagger Erich Reiman

There you go---
    Attached Images Attached Images Feldherrnhalle Dagger Erich Reiman 

?

Feldherrnhalle Dagger Erich Reiman[ATTACH=CONFIG]634881[/ATTACH

And More-- Hope that does the trick--
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feldherrnhalle Dagger Erich Reiman  

?

Quote by VladRussianArms View Post
    Wiki, this is the burnt FHH I was referring to. Seen it 'in hand', at the SOS. A outstanding #2, after Wiki's FHH, that have etched dedications on standard FHH blades.
    A great purchase, even with the obvious damage. Glad it was not restored.

Congratulations Vlad on acquiring a World Class rarity in a 3rd Reich dagger.

-wagner-

P.S. It's a small world when collecting the 'High End' artifacts.

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    some information regarding Herman Gorings White gripped FHH dagger.

A similar dagger was made for Hermann Göring to mark his birthday appointment by Lütze as honorary Commander of the SA-Regiment Feldherrnhalle on 12.1.1937. And how, after more than six decades, Hermann Göring's SA-Feldherrnhalle presentation dagger has surfaced in a New England auction house. Leo Legare Auctioneers of Pelham, New Hampshire described this amazing find in their sale catalog: "Among the highlights of this September sale will be a Feldherrnhalle Dagger with presentation to Hermann Göring 12 Januar 1937, gold wash hilt with ivory grips, damask blade with “Alles fur Deutschland” one side and presentation on reverse. A prominent WWII figure, Hermann Göring (or Goering) commanded the German Luftwaffe (air force) and was second only to Adolf Hitler in the hierarchy of the Nazi Party. 'This Göring dagger is a one-of-a-kind piece of world history,' said Leo Legare auctioneer, 'in amazing condition, the high quality dress dagger is beautifully crafted.'" The dagger is in a fitted SA-FHH dagger case bearing Eickhorn's logo.
    Larry, I called Mr. Legare, and informed him that the FHH in their auction (as photo shown) was a reproduction. He replied that; although I was not the first to inform him of that, he wasn't sure himself and was going to let the bidders decide.

-wagner-

?

Quote by goodbuys View Post
    As I have never handled a Feldherrnhalle dagger which is extremely rare to say the least, I will add my two cents.Wittmann sold one last year or so for $82,500.It had pot metal fittings and I know that a few of you must have seen stories about it.Also their was a fraud committed on the sale of a Feldherrnhalle dagger and I recently saw the story on a site.This will go well with the meriad of phony high end German regalia and the cretins are well known!I will say this to all of you on this forum,some of the big names in our hobby are money hungry phonies from day one.Some are in there graves many are not.No names because this might not be a good thing for the forum.A shame on you scumbag frauds for injecting you their greed into a fine hobby.P.S.The fraudulent piece also had "FELDHERRNHALLE" spelt wrong!!
    It sure would help me if you could add a link so we can read the story.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast