Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Four reproduction daggers

Article about: hi all i bought these i know there copies,just needed a filler i think they look great .i would never be able too afford them.

Default Four reproduction daggers

hi all
    i bought these i know there copies,just needed a filler i think they look great .i would never be able too afford them.Four reproduction daggers
    Last edited by Larry C; 07-17-2012 at 01:14 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Four reproduction daggers
    P
    Many

Default re: Four replica daggers

SA daggers are pretty affordable. All you need is to put your mind to it. Just be patient and save your money. If all else fails, I hear kidneys fetch a bit on the black market...

Regards

Four reproduction daggersFour reproduction daggersFour reproduction daggersFour reproduction daggersFour reproduction daggersFour reproduction daggersyou mean like this one i bought a while back /////

Shouldn't be promoting kidney sales for Militaria on here, leave that for Kidneysales.com!

SA daggers are pretty reasonable these days but you will be saving for SS daggers for abit. I woud prefer original over repro anyway but it's a personal choice. That SA dagger you posted is a good one, is that in the op pics with the other repros?

Jason

Quote by VolksJager View Post
    Shouldn't be promoting kidney sales for Militaria on here, leave that for Kidneysales.com!

SA daggers are pretty reasonable these days but you will be saving for SS daggers for abit. I woud prefer original over repro anyway but it's a personal choice. That SA dagger you posted is a good one, is that in the op pics with the other repros?

Jason
    Hi Jason
    No that's the reason I bought the copiies I was after a ss copy saw these on a auction site and bought them,pick up tommorow from tennants,,,

?

FWIW my 2 cents:

Problems with repro's is that a newbie collector can be fooled, as in time these daggers become to look a bit older, are getting patina and rust in the barn...are in the ground for a while and Voila: a grounddig dagger!!
    I would not promote any of these daggers, it makes the collectors world more difficult to enter for starters.
    After they bought a few of those daggers and are fooled they can easily stop collecting.....

Save a bit of money and buy a decent RZM to begin, they are not that expensive, upgrade it along the way for a nice early nikkel/silver piece and expand that way.....

Cheers Ger

Default Re: Four replica daggers

(Quote= Gerrit,,Save a bit of money and buy a decent RZM to begin, they are not that expensive, upgrade it along the way for a nice early nikkel/silver piece and expand that way.....(Quote)
    This is probably the best piece of advice to give to anyone just starting out in the collecting field. Dont spend too much money on something that was never there. Its an empty and hollow feeling that deep down you know its not real,, but yet a temporary filler. When you begin to collect the actual artifacts,, you will feel a sense of awe which is chilling that this period in time existed. Your late SA is a great example of being there and it is just this what you should be looking for in a collectible. Larry

I would associate myself with this sound advice.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I also agree but I bought these because they were there on a whim so too speak,,,, but I move to Thailand next month and also want to see if I can get through customs with them,

I keep a record of who I bought from and the date I purchased for the exact reason Larry pointed out, that in time these copies will get better and better and eventually develop their own patina. If for some reason in future I decide to sell them or after I'm long gone my daughter does I want her to be able to say that they were bought from this person on this date, hopefully this will give them some provenence as I can only see these copies getting better in future and more likely to fool all but the experts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast