Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

full rohm dagger..original??

Article about: hi all...i know that's quite impossible to give an opinion of autenticity on these horrible pics(are photos taken from a pc screen) but i ll try... the dedication seem lower from the middle

Thanks a lot larry...another question: is possible to find an identical dedication for the same person(emil wakerle) engraved in 2 or more different Sa daggers? Sorry if i abuse of your patience:-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement full rohm dagger..original??
    P
    Many

This is possible as some SA daggers had dedications on the blades with maybe their gruppe leaders name or senior officer..applied and given as a personal Honor gift to a few chosen men............But with that,, the questions goes back full circle..if you have photos..they would be nice to see and an in hand inspection of the dedication....or clear close up photos.
    In collecting...we learn to be cautious through identification. Lately..in increasing measure....fake inscriptions and mottos..and etches have been applied to all kinds of swords and daggers..to bump up the value to the uneducated collector. It is reassuring to know if more eyes can see and give their researched thoughts on an artifact...that would be better than just saying....."What about this this and this? without photos. We dont want you to go away maybe guessing authenticity...with thoughts of those who had not seen any photos to help you. Just a thought
    Below is an example of a recently applied HJ blade motto.

Opinions on HJ Knife with inscription
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

this is the dagger i meant...that's the best i coud do for pics...the absolutely identic dadication is publische on johnson book but hte prducer was differentfull rohm dagger..original??full rohm dagger..original??full rohm dagger..original??

?

Hi Luca,

as soon as an dedication is published in a book, all kinds of clones pop up!
    Be very careful 'bout those dedicated blades, you soon will found out that 98% is False.

The dagger you start with: only look at the difference in blacking of the motto and the logo.
    The grip fits badly for a presentation dagger, i would pass on this one, for sure!!
    Only buy daggers when the seller is willing to provide you good high detailed pictures.
    When there is nothing to hide the pics will be good

Cheers,
    Ger

Thanks a lot...that was my suspect..quite identical engrave...i m very happy to share my doubts with you...this is the best weapon against frauds :-)

coming back to the rohm dagger ,also if i've understood your explication,i post a better pic only to show that i'm growing up with pc use ahahah
    full rohm dagger..original??full rohm dagger..original??full rohm dagger..original??full rohm dagger..original??full rohm dagger..original??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture full rohm dagger..original??  

and that's the second dagger i meant...i saw the absolute same dedication to the same person on johnson book..but the sa dagger was marked by Romuso...is possible that exist the same inscriptions to several daggers for the same person or is a clone??
    full rohm dagger..original??

Hi Luca..the Romuso dedication is fine as dedications were placed on many daggers coming as personal gifts and as graduation gifts from the men of their commanding officer. These were privately done..and had nothing to do with the SA High command as being a part of their laws and legislation. Only The Rohm inscription..from the early period was sanctioned by Rohm himself..to have his own dedication placed on the reverse of blades to a few chosen producers and distributors. I see nothing wrong with this practice placed on varied producers. Buyer beware though and always study before you buy. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

thanks a lot larry...i have some doubts on the crossguards of the last dagger...too brilliant and not a good fit...i think i'll wait for the next...obviuosly after showing here )

?

What i noticed is that when a blade with a dedication is published in 1 of the reference books suddenly daggers popup with the same dedication.
    Lots of these popups are daggers with a fake etch just to make some extra cash.
    My advice:beware of those daggers, if you want to buy one make sure you buy from a legit seller who earned his "wings" along the years.

Cheers,
    Ger

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast