Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Full Rohm SA deinstdolch

Article about: Hello all, I have been offered this dagger from a friend. I am curious at what you all would value this full Rohm at. I am confident that this piece is a deal, but I'd like to see what every

G43
    ?

Default Full Rohm SA deinstdolch

Hello all,
    I have been offered this dagger from a friend. I am curious at what you all would value this full Rohm at. I am confident that this piece is a deal, but I'd like to see what everyone else would price it at. Thank you.

Full Rohm SA deinstdolchFull Rohm SA deinstdolchFull Rohm SA deinstdolchFull Rohm SA deinstdolchFull Rohm SA deinstdolchFull Rohm SA deinstdolch

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Full Rohm SA deinstdolch
    P
    Many

Hello G43..welcome to the forum...although we are a history and research type forum and not a valuation service how about sharing with us..the price your friend has offered this to you..and see if it comes close to what we feel it may be worth. Seeing your dagger under intense flash..washes out all critical detail to identify key points of authentication.

Typically a full inscription Rohm dagger will start over 7K ..without seeing close ups of the motto and inscription..and alot less flash..I cant say for sure that this may be an authentic Rohm dagger ..and merely an $750 SA dagger. Im sure "your friend" will oblige you with better photos in detail and less light.

A photo of the tang nut and top of the crossguard would be appreciated also. Below is a link to a Rohm Honor dagger thread

June 30 1934 - Rohm inscription pattern Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Could be a nice dagger to have.....photos are critical though.

Looking forward to it.

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

G43
    ?

Thank you Larry, I appreciate your advice. I will attempt to obtain more pictures. In the mean time I have a few more. My friend is asking 3000$
    Full Rohm SA deinstdolchFull Rohm SA deinstdolchFull Rohm SA deinstdolchFull Rohm SA deinstdolchFull Rohm SA deinstdolch

3K is a stiff price by itself, but still okey for a full Rohm....however, considering the condition of that Blade, I wouldn't want it in Any case...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The quality of the images isn't getting any better is it? Perhaps the friend doesn't really want to sell or has something to hide?

The dagger has the attributes of an Eickhorn Rohm..the crossguards the thick lip scabbard throat...yet the dagger has been opened from a couple of grip marks seen on the tang nut ( Just an Observation ) that doesnt mean in some cases it has been messed with..but yet in other cases it could of.

The blade seems to be really worn and scratched..up..yet the opposite is happening with the grip showing great amounts of laquer left in some heavy wear spots that would of been worn off by now. Rare to see any Eickhorn with alot of laquer and a very worn blade. The Producer Aesculap is a known heavy laquer user. The condition of the blade and grip is conflicting and as member Glenn66 said above..the image quality is still the same and has not changed. Indirect lighting or an overcast day would better supply the detail of the blade and the inscription.

Your friend is generous in his price to you..yet if I had a friend who had one of these..surely if he did his homework..my friend would offer it to me for close to what its worth. I hate to see you walk away plunking down 3K on a dagger that does not have all the complete answers. Surely I dont buy cars like that nor does anyone else. You heard of Carfax ?...on here we need to get the details so you can get the DaggerFax

Macro photos of the inscription from front to back and logo please. An item of option with Eickhorn,,is there a bench mark single digit number beneath the lower crossguard? This too is not a neccessary detail..but just curious on my part.

Im sure your friend will be patient with you and will supply you with the extra photos needed to authenticate this dagger. Its also OK if your friend may disagree with our requests..as we do this all the time..and it makes no difference to us..we are not buying it..yyet we dont want to see anyone get burned..with something they are not happy with...it is you that has come to us for help and we are giving you the best answers and process of elimination on identifying any concerns that may arise.
    Red flags go up when we hear that any Full Rohm is offered for nearly over half price without seeing the details of the dagger first. This too we see all the time with other Third Reich artifacts ranging from Steel to cloth. The market for fakes or parted items is very lucrative ..which as a collector we must not accept less when purchasing with our hard earned money.

An item must be whole and complete in everyway ..produced during that specific period..that is what you are paying for...not a BMW with a Chrysler engine. Some collectors are ok with small changes in an item,,but when the heart of what really matters most in collecting these things..comes into question..which will make or break your day...one has to be absolutely sure. My Speech is finished

Summary: The blade and grip show opposite wear and flash photos drown out any neccessary detail needed to be seen on the motto and inscription. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

G43
    ?

Here are the requested pictures:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Full Rohm SA deinstdolch   Full Rohm SA deinstdolch  

Full Rohm SA deinstdolch  

Hi G43...I am grateful for your attempt to bring to the forum..more photos of this Rohm dagger. Your sincerity is helpful..yet the photos that are provided above...I am caustiously optimistic about..and stands a good chance of being authentic...yet I apologize to ask this again..as the photos the forum members need here, are close up pics of the inscription. Just being extra careful..but so far looks good. Best Larry

i'm totally unexpert but i "feel" it good...the blade has some pitting and has been polished but the "defects" of the blade are reflected also on the etch as shoud be,
    The etch show the position that usually i see on Eickhorn(a little bit under the middle spine) and i seem to see also some bubbling on the etch(not present on laser etched mottoes)...but as i told ,this is the opinion not very qualified Let's wait for closer pics