Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

German SA Dagger by J.Schlimbach would you consider it original?

Article about: not really my subject so thoughts on whether this is a genuine SA dagger would be appreciated There is a very small 'No' on the crossguard. Are the chape screws normally that large? many tha

Default German SA Dagger by J.Schlimbach would you consider it original?

not really my subject so thoughts on whether this is a genuine SA dagger would be appreciated

There is a very small 'No' on the crossguard.
    Are the chape screws normally that large?

many thanks, Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German SA Dagger by J.Schlimbach would you consider it original?   German SA Dagger by J.Schlimbach would you consider it original?  

German SA Dagger by J.Schlimbach would you consider it original?   German SA Dagger by J.Schlimbach would you consider it original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German SA Dagger by J.Schlimbach would you consider it original?
    P
    Many

From what I see you a nice SA dagger with the No being the Gau/group marking. The mark is from Nordsee.
    If I’m not mistaken this maker only made the early SA Daggers.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

many thanks Marty, I can relax a bit now! The Gau mark is to identify the area in which it was issued?

regards, Dave

SA Gruppe marks known to Dagger Producers and Manufacturers

Larry pinned a great thread on marker marks and Gau locations.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

The scabbard is late period
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Ok Larry, so the dagger and scabbard would appear to be a mismatch if, as Marty suggests, the dagger is an early period manufacture.

Many thanks for the information

Dave

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    The scabbard is late period
    Larry please take a second look at the scabbard, it looks like they only replaced the lower fitting for a plated one.
    The screwholes dont fit, the throat misses a screw too, so the scabbard had a workover, but it looks like an anodized one…

Ger

Default more photos

thanks guys, here's a few more photos of the scabbard in case it helps. The top end would appear to a different finish to the chape which looks sort of orange peel effect under the plating. To me the body of the scabbard looks painted but not sure how you would tell that from anodised finish

Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German SA Dagger by J.Schlimbach would you consider it original?   German SA Dagger by J.Schlimbach would you consider it original?  

?

Eagle eye Larry has seen it correctly, painted later plated type!
    Thx for adding extra pics, those cleared my question!

Ger

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Eagle eye Larry has seen it correctly, painted later plated type!
    Thx for adding extra pics, those cleared my question!

Ger
    you can have your glasses back now
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill