Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German SA dagger by Wilh Kober for opinions

Article about: Hi guys , for your consideration , German SA dagger by Wilh Kober. Is this a scarcer maker? Look forward to comments . Regards,

Default German SA dagger by Wilh Kober for opinions

Hi guys , for your consideration , German SA dagger by Wilh Kober.

Is this a scarcer maker?

Look forward to comments .
    Regards,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German SA dagger by Wilh Kober for opinions
    P
    Many

Hi Australia...A common maker much so...and the craftmanship is all there. A solid early example. The Thuringia gruppe mark "Th" is correct. is there a scabbard? A Wilhelm Kober dagger is a must in any SA dagger collection. Below is a photo of my Kober SA on the left.. next to another SA dagger. Take notice of the corssguard step between the 2 daggers and you will see why..these Kobers stand out in appearance and craftmanship. The Extremely low step of the kober shows the wood almost just sitting on top of the lower crossguard..where as..the SA dagger to the right has the grip recessed into the grip almost 1/4 "

The wood is oak on the Kobers which is another great trait and Suhl Region crafted. Lovely Show us the scabbard! Regards Larry

Take notice to the length of the grip which means a longer tang. These blades are not IMO interchangeable with other grips as one can visually see the difference in grip length!!
    Attached Images Attached Images German SA dagger by Wilh Kober for opinions 
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Great dagger. Grip woodgrain is very nice indeed.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks steve and Larry , this is my first dagger and have been wanting one for a while now,
    got it today at a large militaria gun show , soon as I seen it I fell in love !
    Only a total of 3 SA daggers at the show seen this year , small numbers I know !

Thanks again for the further info .

I just have to source a missing bottom scabbard screw now

?

Oz,

Thats a lovely quality made SA by Kober you picked up

Congrats on a great first SA dagger purchase !

Mac 66.

Very nice first dagger you got there Australia it has all the hallmarks of a Kober as the guys have said, congrats on a nice original SA
    cheers Ronnie

Thanks guys , much appreciated .

Australia, As we can see good things come to those who are patient, and Kober is a desirable maker. With my apologies for an old image I took multiple summers ago in direct sunlight to illustrate some point or another in an online discussion (that is now long gone). With the Kober example posted here I believe having a grip of European Walnut that is a fairly close color/grain match to the G. 33/40 carbine buttstock next to it. Minus of course the carbine's "Tiger stripes" (which is not unknown on military rifle stocks, but not that common). And the direct sunlight showing an interesting contrast with the polished steel versus the aged matte silver look of the N/S crossguards. Best Regards, Fred
    Attached Images Attached Images German SA dagger by Wilh Kober for opinions 
    Last edited by Frogprince; 03-10-2014 at 02:00 AM. Reason: typos

I didn't know about the different grip lengths between manufacturers. Might explain why I can barely squeeze my big mitt into my Justinuswerk example.

?

This is a nice example of 1 of the 3 Suhl low step crossguard SA dagger makers!
    I think every SA dagger collection should has at least 1 Suhl maker in it

Glenn, i have experienced that lots of differenend maker can not swap scabbards, because of lenght, scabbard throats shape or angle or even the inlay shape on a lower crossguard.
    Thats why its very tricky to replace a set of crossguards when one has cracks or otherwise in need for a change.

Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast