Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Haco Early SA Dienst Dolch

Article about: Now thats a very nice SA Andrew would you like me to mind it for you thanks for showing, cheers Ronnie

Default Re: Haco Early SA Dienst Dolch

Hi Gerrit I never discredited Stingrays dagger,,,but seeing these black numbers now brings new information to light,, and a possibility of a separate production run going from the thin crossguards ( Pink numbers ) to a later production run with normal crossguards ( black numbers ) This is just my opinion and not fact.
    Looking at the sequence of numbering and the colors is a puzzle IMO coming together. Personally I favor the the thinner crossguards that has made Haco famous in collectibility.
    I am still looking forward to a posting from Kingtiger as a few pics of his Black numbered crossguards would be appealing to this thread. What has become "Normally seen" tends to be text book with many collectors. I can only speculate that Haco must of changed their manufacturer during their production and started using thicker guards....IMO a true Haco SA dagger is the thinner upper and lower guards,,,but I also feel that a Haco dagger with thicker guards will not enjoy the same limelight in Value with the thinner guard predecessor.............OR?......could the thicker guards be a rarer variant?.........Is it a producer parted dagger that ran out of thin upper guards and relied on another producers stock? We Know this for a fact that most if not all dagger pruducers were buying and trading parts with each other. Later Army daggers are the worse IMO when it comes to seeing generic B fitting parts from 3 makers...but yet it is acceptable in the collecting community..and deemed period. I have seen Eickhorn SA guards on many makers,,, and Pack guards on NPEA daggers. There are 2 Hartkopf producers,,, one or even both made blades for Haco,, as seen by their tang marking...so its not a Haco blade.
    Truly this is a subject worth a great discussion...but yet I still prefer ONLY a Haco with thin guards. For sure this dagger and the producer who made these daggers for Haco......( Unknown ).....surely made a fine crafted dagger and their guards separate themselves from the rest of the producers,, including the Suhl makers with their low step guards. ..Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Haco Early SA Dienst Dolch
    P
    Many

?

Not sure if this helps, but I saw something about Hartkopf SA daggers. i have a Hartkopf dagger with 'P' (Pommern ) mark on the crossgaurd .
    Dean.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Haco Early SA Dienst Dolch  

Hi Dean..Nice Hartkopf SA..the Gruppe mark "P" is rare also....but my question is.....would you have any information that would associate.. Hartkopf and Haco together,,so as to further the mystery of the Haco identity and the numbering system? Just a thought
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks Larry, and sorry for the late reply , Larry. To answer your question, "no". I can add that the lower cross guard is marked "H" and 'X" , while the upper has only "H". The tang is marked with a "9" and a circled "A" above it. Not sure if this helps any.

I need to do some research on these. I only have this one SA that fell in my lap ( ouch!) , so I never collected these, I just know this maker only made 1,000.
    Last edited by Dean; 10-25-2013 at 04:27 PM.

Cor
    ?

Saved from destruction.

This Haco Berlin’s alone are rare but with storm number (8395) and personification (Muhlenhardt) completely unique. He was offered for sale by a person who’s uncle was deceased. Many things had been discarded, but this dagger is saved by the bell. How many of such "treasures" will thus have already been lost? But yes, this beautiful specimen is still now in my son, Rafael’s collection. See; Haco Berlin + storm nr. | Rafaeldaggers.jouwweb.nl

Gotta Love these Hacos..they are something special. I love the history of these playing a pivotal role in the Berlin SA. Much controversy surrounds the Gruppe "B" dagger owners...and story of how the Reichstag fire started. If one day you are moved to do so...these Haco daggers are numbered in black or red ink..as seen in this thread.

Nice to see great crossgraining and the commonly seen oak grip. The Early 3 pc hanging assembly is also nice to see on these rare "B" daggers. I am very impressed of the over all condition of this dagger. This is a nice find. Regards Larry

great dagger and the case also: shok_yikes:...

I,ve seen one of these SA Haco Berlin daggers for sale recently at a quite reasonable price, what is the rarity of this mark on the Siegert scale ? cheers Paul

Cor
    ?

Thank you all and yes Larry, in the top crossguard are 4 illegible numbers in black ink. The rest does not come loose so we leave it at that.

Regards,
    Cor

?

Rafael showed me some pics by Whatsapp and i love this textbook Haco.
    Lovely thin guards and a great personalisation!
    This is a keeper for sure.

Regards,
    Ger

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast