Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Haco Early SA Dienst Dolch

Article about: Now thats a very nice SA Andrew would you like me to mind it for you thanks for showing, cheers Ronnie

Default Re: Haco Early SA Dienst Dolch

HACO is the only SA dagger that is invariably numbered by hand in ink on the inside of the grip and on one of the crossguards. The lowest number I have seen (and own) is 22. I have never seen a 4 digit number and I own about 14 of this maker. If anyone sees one with no number or a 4 digit number, the no number one has been "tuned up" and I am not sure if a 4 digit number exists. I have studied this maker for 20 years and look at every one I see and will usually buy every one I can.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Haco Early SA Dienst Dolch
    P
    Many

Hi Mark i will have to open mine up and post it for you when i get a chance,, got my hands full today,,,and good to see you here again
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry, I was distracted by my classic car collection for a while as I came across an opportunity to add several more and now I am back into my primary passion..SA daggers.

I have some rare brigade marked ones as well as one "early A" or "Christmas SA's" for sale at present. There were only 200 early A SA's made and presented by Rohm to his closest followers. All were full Rohm, either Pack or Eickhorn. I brought them all to the SOS but no one seemed to know anything about brigade markings, all district marked Nm and usually 14/, 15/, or 16/ followed by the owners SA number. There used to be a member named Gustavo who wrote a paper on these SA's. I sure would like to know if anyone has a way to contact him. His e-mail does not work and he was living in Spain. A really nice guy. He wanted to buy all I had and now I can't locate him.

Mark

Well Mark you are in Luck I have not just the lower crossguard marked but the upper also,,,,and even the grip upper and lower is marked ...so try not to slobber over these pics as I...I also have a 4 digit number.....2086. The grip is marked on the bottom with the number but a little difficult to see and the upper part of the grip is marked with a black and a red line. Put your lobster bib on and enjoy the pics. Hartkopf is the maker of the blade who supplied to Haco for from the tang marking "C" "A" within the "H"

Also included are 2 SA daggers to show the difference in the thinness of the crossguards. Haco is on the right
    Personally I tend to shy away from Haco Daggers that do not have both crossguards that are thin. There have been sightings of upper crossguards as pictured on the left dagger attached to a Haco dagger. IMO it is a sign of a messed with dagger.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Haco Early SA Dienst Dolch   Haco Early SA Dienst Dolch  

Haco Early SA Dienst Dolch   Haco Early SA Dienst Dolch  

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Very interesting! Back to my studying of the ones I have. That is the first 4 digit one I have seen. Most numbers are in black ink, but I did not disclose that some were in red as you have. Good find!

Also, all HACO daggers have a fruitwood grip so the one without it is indeed questionable as to it maker.
    Last edited by kingtiger; 04-27-2018 at 04:20 PM.

Also known are Oak grips to this maker as I have seen alot of them. I liken this maker to a Suhl maker for the reason of the oak grip and the crossguards,,but just a thought. I was looking in Ralf Siegerts SA book pg 84 in the crossguard section ...he also has Haco crossguards marked upper and lower...and looking at the number inside the guard,, that it might be a Number "1" instead of a "2" the same inside my guard,, so it possibly may be a style of lettering by the guy who was penning it inside the guards.

Here are 2 photos showing the black written numbers that are also 4 digit numbers. These photos belong to WRF Member Stingray. The numbers appear to be "3464" which is a higher number than the Pink numbers pictured on my Haco SA. I can only speculate,,that these numbers in these 2 colors may be a record of how many were produced in a pink and black lot,,,,...OR....after the low numbers ended in production the black numbers begin. I await member Kingtiger to share his numbering on his Haco SA daggers..in this production thought.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Haco Early SA Dienst Dolch   Haco Early SA Dienst Dolch  

That is very interesting topic about the numbers inside the crossguards.
    Thanks to Larry i'm found something new in daggers world.
    Here is more pictures of my HACO.
    I'm selling this dagger,so if someone is interested,can contact me.

Haco Early SA Dienst DolchHaco Early SA Dienst DolchHaco Early SA Dienst DolchHaco Early SA Dienst DolchHaco Early SA Dienst DolchHaco Early SA Dienst Dolch

?

Larry,

question, i quote you:
    " Also included are 2 SA daggers to show the difference in the thinness of the crossguards. Haco is on the right
    Personally I tend to shy away from Haco Daggers that do not have both crossguards that are thin. There have been sightings of upper crossguards as pictured on the left dagger attached to a Haco dagger. IMO it is a sign of a messed with dagger."

What about this stingray dagger? it doesn't have the small upper crossguard if i look right.
    I have seen aa lot of Haco's lately, with the normal upperguard, there are 2 in the sell section of German daggers, which this dagger from Stingray is one.
    But this one from Stingray looks fine to me, it all fits to well, and patina of grip and crossguards match..

Cheers,
    Ger

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast