Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help SA Dagger RZM M7/37 Good or Not?

Article about: Hi All, Not been on here for quite a while due to other commitments and health problems but to cut to the chase my brother is helping a friend who's father recently passed away to value and

Default Help SA Dagger RZM M7/37 Good or Not?

Hi All, Not been on here for quite a while due to other commitments and health problems but to cut to the chase my brother is helping a friend who's father recently passed away to value and sell his Fathers massive collection of antique and rare Air Rifles but there are some edged weapons amongst them. He says there are several Third Reich pieces but not sure what they are or if they are original, fake or parts, he has sent me three photos of an SA Dagger marked RZM M7/37 to see what I think. To me with my limited knowledge it looks promising but the photos are poor the grip eagle looks badly fitted either replaced repro or sloppy late production workmanship? I can see crossgrain on the blade and the motto seems ok but the RZM mark looks different to other RZM M7/37 Klaas marks I've seen on the net, the fit of the grip to fittings looks tight and the blade fit looks good also. I am hoping that I can get some opinions on this dagger from these poor photos and if you guys think it shows promise I will ask for more and better quality and I will also be asking to see the other pieces as they have no idea what they are so could be something interesting in there. Anyway here are the photos and any assistance would be very gratefully recieved.
    Many thanks, Andy.
    Help SA Dagger RZM M7/37 Good or Not?Help SA Dagger RZM M7/37 Good or Not?Help SA Dagger RZM M7/37 Good or Not?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help SA Dagger RZM M7/37 Good or Not?
    P
    Many

Someone hand painted the grip eagle silver and also tried to touch up the grip with brown paint as it appears in the photo.
    Other than that..the dagger is late period as expected by materials , details and condition.

Painting the grip eagle devalues the dagger a little bit . With these late period eagles ..most likely the initial silvering wore off exposing the copperbase and should of been left well alone.

The blade appears decent but has grease or oil on it ..and should be cleaned off as dirt attracts quickly to anything sticky.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill