Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I just found this site and had to say hi!

Article about: Well that is one mighty fine dagger to start with! Love the early ones Welcome to the Forum! Cheers, Ger

?

Default Re: I just found this site and had to say hi!

Well that is one mighty fine dagger to start with!
    Love the early ones

Welcome to the Forum!
    Cheers,
    Ger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I just found this site and had to say hi!
    P
    Many

Nice dagger, and welcome!

Nice dagger for sure as that crossgrain is incredible!! I like that alot. Just for knowledge purposes ,,...something to look for when collecting these types,, is the blade shoulders that meet the lower crossguard , which should be contouring to the lower guard,, and there is slight gapping between the tang and the near edge of the shoulder point. It looks like just the shoulder points are touching. Still this dagger is still early period along with the crossguards,,, but maybe a different maker crossguard,,as these "early" dagger blades were fitted to the crossguard. The other photo is that the lower crossguard of the dagger does not sit flush to the upper scabbard fitting, throat lip. This may need to be moved into place by hand which is an easy fix,, but again even these sat flush on top of the throat lip or very very close to it. This is a desirable example that I would not mind having in my collection and a nice one for you as it is your first!
    Nice find and I hope maybe you can pickup a hanger for it one day and here is a great gent by the name of Lakesidetrader Paul has an early one for sale you might want to check out,, that would be nice for this maker. Welcome again and Best Regards Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images I just found this site and had to say hi!  I just found this site and had to say hi! 
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you so much for the warm welcomes everyone! It's nice to meet so many friendly people. Thank you for the tips there Larry, very very helpful. I have just become a collecting convert!!! I love lakesidetrader's site - I want it all! Is this where you buy your militaria from? Or do you go to markets and auctions and things? Any other great websites you know of, for info and goods would be much appreciated. Thanks again for the welcome and I look forward to chatting to you all!

?

Nice dagger you've got yourself, and welcome aboard.

Brad.

Nice to see the crosshatching on the blade! You've got yourself an excellent first dagger-I'm sure it won't be the last!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2