Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

June 30 1934 - Rohm inscription pattern

Article about: Today marks the 79th anniversary of the “ Night of the Long Knives” and this day siginifies the removal of Ernst Rohm and other High SA leaders. The Night of the Long Knives was a turning po

Default June 30 1934 - Rohm inscription pattern

Hi all...here is my SA partially ground Rohm (lazy man) marked Wusthof... with Gau mark Nrh...nothing exceptional but i like it Attachment 587034Attachment 587035Attachment 587036Attachment 587037
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture June 30 1934 - Rohm inscription pattern   June 30 1934 - Rohm inscription pattern  

June 30 1934 - Rohm inscription pattern   June 30 1934 - Rohm inscription pattern  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement June 30 1934 - Rohm inscription pattern
    P
    Many

I like this ground Rohm - lots of character.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

many thanks steve

This is a great conditioned partial Rohm Luca..thankyou for contributing to this thread!! Best regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

thanks a lot larry

Very nice indeed.
    Great to see a "Trident" example!
    Thank you for showing us.

Jerry

Ok guys, here is my Pack dagger with the eagle and runes button which are sticking up.
    Any opinions?

Stingray
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture June 30 1934 - Rohm inscription pattern   June 30 1934 - Rohm inscription pattern  

June 30 1934 - Rohm inscription pattern   June 30 1934 - Rohm inscription pattern  

June 30 1934 - Rohm inscription pattern  
    Last edited by Larry C; 12-09-2013 at 01:55 PM.

Thanks guys
    Here is the rest of the dagger.
    It's not super clean but it is real.

Last edited by Larry C; 12-09-2013 at 01:56 PM.

Copied from the First post June 30 1934 - June 30 2014

Today marks the 80th anniversary of the “ Night of the Long Knives” and this day siginifies the removal of Ernst Rohm and other High SA leaders. The Night of the Long Knives was a turning point in the History of Germany. Hitler had made it clear that he was supreme ruler of Germany who had the right to be judge and jury, and had the power to decide whether people lived or died. With Rohm out of the way,,a clear path had been cut for Himmlers SS.

The following was written By Thomas Wittmann: Prior to his "unmasking" as a traitor, Ernst Röhm was the leader of the SA. In 1934, he distributed approximately 100,000 SA daggers with his personal inscription on the reverse blade. These daggers were to honor individuals who had served with the SA prior to December, 1931. Other than the inscription, these pieces were identical to the standard M1933 SA dagger. After the Röhm purge, the inscription was ordered to be removed. Many examples were returned to the factory for grinding. Others were simply ground in the field by whatever means were available. Examples will occasionally be encountered with remnants of the original inscription remaining on the blade, but mostly none will remain. Some blades exist with an intact inscription, reflecting only the removal of the Röhm signature. Very very rarely is an example seen with a full, untouched inscription, as the holder would have surely risked a charge of treason.

Looking forward to anyone wanting to share these rare dagger types...from a Full untouched inscription to a partial ground..to a full ground off. All are welcome Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Here is one that I really like, and hope you enjoy it also.

Besides the outstanding condition of this Full Rohm example, what I really like is it tells a story by it's wear.
    It is my opinion, that the hanger was last placed there by the SS man when it was issued.
    The dagger was worn a few times, and then put away, obviously due to the Rohm expungement order.
    Fortunately the SS man, didn't choose to make a grind job himself on the dedication or send it to the factory for a professional job.
    I believe this example was a 'G.I. grab piece' that was turned in in a pile when the Allied Weapon surrender was initiated, or found by a G.I. in a house.

Returned to the states and put away is what appears a climate friendly area, and untouched for decades.

Dagger was never cleaned, or disassembled. Scabbard still retains some original 1934 lacquer.
    Blade exhibits, outside of the runner marks, 100% cross grain and burnishing in the motto and logo.
    Grip has a few small not distracting scratches. Eagle is well set, SS runes button has full enamel.
    I have not removed the hanger since I acquired this example, as for me, doing so would take away a tiny bit of history.

Wagner

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast