Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

June 30 1934 - Rohm inscription pattern

Article about: Today marks the 79th anniversary of the “ Night of the Long Knives” and this day siginifies the removal of Ernst Rohm and other High SA leaders. The Night of the Long Knives was a turning po

Default June 30 1934 - Rohm inscription pattern

I finally found an SA that I really liked and could afford,Its on its way from Jeff at Meda Militaria.
    ”The grip to this Ground Rohm Eickhorn, looks like it should be on an SA Honor Dagger. As typical for an early Eickhorn SA, this hilt is equip with HE caster marked crossguards. With experience, these deep hand enhanced guards are very apparent when you become familiar with Eickhorn in house produced hardware. The bottom guard is bench marked "3" and the reversed stamped with the Wf gau. What a beautiful fantastic hilt assembly.
    The scabbard is not too bad. It is what you would expect, being anodized brown with nickel fittings. The shell itself is nice and straight, void of any real hits other than the bottom chape, and has decent anodizing. If you look in the photos, the surface does show some crazing, where the lacquer has aged. All 4 factory dome head screws are unturned, and soundly in place.
    And finally, the blade. The surface does show some fine line scratches, but not all that terrible. In light of that, it is full length, unsharpened, and has not been tipped. And actually, it is void of any imperfections, chips, or ticks to the cutting edges. It was a Rohm Honor Dagger at one time, as you can see the Alles fur Deutschland motto a little further down the blade. This was done purposely to accommodate the small double oval Eickhorn trademark, shown on the reverse. The smoothness of the grind on the reverse tells me that this job was accomplished at the factory. Both the motto and the trademark retain a light gray burnish within their etches. Not perfect, but definitely better than an average blade on many early SA's."
    Will submit more pics but i am sure with my skills his will end up being better
    Thanks and this isn't going anywhere for a looooong time I learned my lessonAttachment 911307Attachment 911308Attachment 911309Attachment 911309Attachment 911310Attachment 911311Attachment 911312Attachment 911313Attachment 911314
    This will be in pride of place before the week is out
    General Putnam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture June 30 1934 - Rohm inscription pattern   June 30 1934 - Rohm inscription pattern  

June 30 1934 - Rohm inscription pattern   June 30 1934 - Rohm inscription pattern  

June 30 1934 - Rohm inscription pattern   June 30 1934 - Rohm inscription pattern  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement June 30 1934 - Rohm inscription pattern
    P
    Many

Default June 30 1934 - Rohm inscription pattern

Here is one I picked up today. Not the best condition but I do believe it is the real thing. Please let me know your thoughts and opinions.

Thanks
    Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture June 30 1934 - Rohm inscription pattern   June 30 1934 - Rohm inscription pattern  

Not sure if these pictures are any better of the etch. Maybe someone would have some tips on how to capture the etch better. I will say this that the etch is nice and deep.

Scott B
    ?

Default very early SA dagger

First post updating an old thread - thought I would share this inscription. Blade condition not great but the inscription is all there.

Hi Scott ..can we see the rest of the dagger ?..to have a Rohm dagger included in this special thread..the WHOLE dagger needs to be present. ...Rohm Daggers are more than just inscriptions..they have character in craft and by the original owner who carried it..right down to the little bump , ding and small surface scratches. pic please !

Regards Larry

Im slightly concerned with the etch..as the greyness of the blade gives the impression of a laser etch. If possible could you provide an extreme closeup of the etch.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Scott B
    ?

Here are some full pics.

June 30 1934 - Rohm inscription patternJune 30 1934 - Rohm inscription patternJune 30 1934 - Rohm inscription patternJune 30 1934 - Rohm inscription patternJune 30 1934 - Rohm inscription patternJune 30 1934 - Rohm inscription patternJune 30 1934 - Rohm inscription pattern

This is not what it appears as we get alot of these age grey blades with fully intact mottos from time to time. This grip is not early including the wood filler around the grip eagles head.

Only a handful of these early prototypes were awarded to SA High leaders..and Im not seeing the quality and other details expected to be seen by Eickhorn.

A Great point of reference is a thread found on the GDC..and compare to your example..and I would encourage you to post it on that forum also.

Christmas in June! - GermanDaggers.com

Im not seeing the craftmanship and the details that should be near the same. The inscription sorry to say shoots it for me..it does not appear to be either acid or laser etched. The truth is seen in the runner marks..and those astute know exactly what Im talking about.

If I am mistaken,.. then please more comments are welcome from the more knowledged of this type of dagger. Please no 3rd party replies ..the forum would be pleased to hear from the actual collector and their knowledge.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

i'm with Larry,the blade is not period in my opinion

here is one similar and it is a repro

- - ------- - -

http://deus-ex-militaria.com/?p=709

?

Quote by stingray View Post
    here is one similar and it is a repro

- - ------- - -

Deus-ex Militaria
    Who's junk is this ?