Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Late SA or NSKK RZM 7/42 WKC with gorgeous blade

Article about: A very nice dagger Mr H.. like everybody else is saying the blade is top dollar you couldn't ask for a better 1. Nice photos too so thanks for showing.. Cheers Terry.

?

Default Late SA or NSKK RZM 7/42 WKC with gorgeous blade

This is an interesting one, it has a full cross grain high ridge RZM blade with perfect grey burnish.
    Needle scharp tip, just a great blade
    Grip is great perfectly inlayed nickel Eagle and Sa rune.
    The crossguards have the typicalm RZM loss of plating, although not that much its there.
    The scabbard is what triggered me, period brown paint on a black NSKK, it comes as straight as they come with no dents, its the thin type.
    I have had that before, exactly the same period paint job on a late RZM SA, the paint is easily removable with a finger nail.
    So is it a NSKK scabbard that had a repaint because there was a need for brown SA scabbards?
    If anyone has a theory or even has some documentation please add!
    The scabbard fittings are the typical nickel plated steel version and this one has an undamaged ball
    The fit is perfect, lower guard to throat and grip to crossguards, nothing to wish..
    Enjoy this late type RZM dagger,

Ger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Late SA or NSKK RZM 7/42 WKC with gorgeous blade   Late SA or NSKK RZM 7/42 WKC with gorgeous blade  

Late SA or NSKK RZM 7/42 WKC with gorgeous blade   Late SA or NSKK RZM 7/42 WKC with gorgeous blade  

Late SA or NSKK RZM 7/42 WKC with gorgeous blade   Late SA or NSKK RZM 7/42 WKC with gorgeous blade  

Late SA or NSKK RZM 7/42 WKC with gorgeous blade  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Late SA or NSKK RZM 7/42 WKC with gorgeous blade
    P
    Many

You've done it again
    The blade looks mint and I really like the scabbard with those well preserved fittings.
    As always, good taste when buying a dagger.

Congratz my friend.

Cheers,
    Jonas

?

You sure know how to find them Ger! That blade is just magnificent SA's with blades like this are getting really hard to find. Congretulations on your latest catch.

Danny

?

A great piece of steel Ger and all the fits are really good considering it's an RZM version . Another cracker mate !
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

How many times can I say beautiful? ....which they always are cool miltaria.....but my thoughts on the scabbard paint is the scabbard was an NSKK unissued factory left over reissued. JMO Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Now there is a blade anyone can love, even larry!!!!!

Indeed - an extremely nice SA.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Beauty with super blade, nice fits and an interesting scabbard! Congrats...Kevin.

?

Thank you Gents for the nice words, its has a full cross grain blade and that is in most cases the main reason for buying a late RZM type

Regards,
    Ger

?

Ger,

Nice RZM SA, lovely blade & grip,

I have noticed that several RZM SA daggers i have owned over the years had the black paint underneath the brown where the paint is chipped or worn away like yours, while my other RZM SA dagger scabbards had no paint underneath the brown & showed bare metal where chipped/worn away, maybe certain makers done the first coat in black while others done only brown ?

Regards Mac 66.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast