Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M7/13 SA dagger ---

Article about: Wondering if I could have some opinions on this one. From my very rudimentary base of knowledge on daggers I can tell that, of course, it's an SA dagger due to the brown scabbard, RZM era, s

Default M7/13 SA dagger ---

Wondering if I could have some opinions on this one.

From my very rudimentary base of knowledge on daggers I can tell that, of course, it's an SA dagger due to the brown scabbard, RZM era, so; mid- 1930s and on? Complete with hanger, possibly original to the piece? SOme of the finish worn off but possibly due to handling/use and not simple lifting of the finish (that I've read is a common issue with later SA daggers).

I don't know... I just like the general look and have been looking for a nice complete example with hanger for some time, it being what some would probably say from a less desirable period (RZM) doesn't bother me all that much as long as the price is right --- opinions on approximate fair price?

Any help appreciated!

M7/13 SA dagger ---M7/13 SA dagger ---M7/13 SA dagger ---M7/13 SA dagger ---M7/13 SA dagger ---M7/13 SA dagger ---M7/13 SA dagger ---M7/13 SA dagger ---

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M7/13 SA dagger ---
    P
    Many

Hi, it looks like a good, used but not abused, RZM SA dagger by Aurtur Shuttelhoffer . Pictures are a little fuzzy, but it looks like it has some wear here and there, the extent I cannot tell without better pics.

Good original dagger.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you both for the input! I realize the photos aren't ll that sharp but they are what the seller has up at the moment. I too think it's got wear instead of the finish simply "lifting" --- Any thoughts on fair value? Around $500 good?

Open to more thoughts---

Painted sheath and plated fittings with an RZM mark for a makers mark places this one as being in the 40's era. Regardless, it is a good and decent piece and definitely well found!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

MAP
    ?

Given the condition of the blade and the fittings I would think $500 would be on the high end but best wait for other views as it seems everytime I opine on a prices others disagree....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Personally, I would go no higher on this one than, perhaps, $400 US. The nice leather hanger alone is worth buying just by itself.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Appreciate the advice, guys --- I doubt I'll be able to get it a that last estimate but will see what I can do. Any other thoughts of course welcomed!

MAP
    ?

This is the rule I follow. If you like it and can afford it, and it makes you happy, get it

If you however are doing it to make money...well that is a different story and different rules apply
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A good rule and one I follow as well, Michael! While I'm definitely not in this to make money I also try to balance it out by not losing to much by following prices on the market --. I kind of feel this one's within reach and not too hard to resell if/when I decide to upgrade or simply sell off to fund something else.
    Not sure yet, I just bought some pretty expensive Norwegian Volunteer decorations the other day so it's kind of 50/50 right now...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast