Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

My early SA has arrived!!

Article about: Hi All. I finally got an early SA dagger to add to my others, I wanted to collect one example from each time frame, early, mid, late. This early one is really nice, it is made by Aesculap(th

Default My early SA has arrived!!

Hi All.
    I finally got an early SA dagger to add to my others, I wanted to collect one example from each time frame, early, mid, late. This early one is really nice, it is made by Aesculap(they are still in business today making surgical instruments) and is totally unmessed with, the grip is textbook as they varnished them and it shows off some really nice patterns in the wood, I tried to take photo's in all different kinds of lighting, the blade isnt mint but is bright and still shows alot of crossgrain, and the etch is super deep and dark! I also took photo's of all 3, you can really see the difference in quality go down hill when you hold and see them all together, feel free to comment and I hope you enjoy this one as much as I do!!!! Special thanks to Larry for all his help, dirty girl all the way!
    My early SA has arrived!!My early SA has arrived!!My early SA has arrived!!My early SA has arrived!!My early SA has arrived!!My early SA has arrived!!My early SA has arrived!!My early SA has arrived!!My early SA has arrived!!My early SA has arrived!!My early SA has arrived!!My early SA has arrived!!My early SA has arrived!!My early SA has arrived!!My early SA has arrived!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My early SA has arrived!!
    P
    Many

?

Very nice , i love them in this condition nice tiger striping on the grip !
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Good stuff!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi John..great dagger..and the photos are much better than before. This is a Cinderella story.....showing a worn and uncleaned life...the way some collectors like them. The blade is stunning ..with a deep motto burnish. Well protected from the elements. John Please if you may..could you post one more photo...and it being a shot underneath the crossguard. I want the readers to see the bath tub ring that the upper scabbard fitting left from being "Untouched " all these years. That alone is a rare type of desire..knowing this dirty Cinderella was not violated over the years.

Love the Tiger stripe..and Aesculap are known for heavy lacquering..even through the worn grip. Very Nice John ..and looking forward to that one more photo !! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry, I really love this one, its already put away and behind glass, here is the photo you requested.
    My early SA has arrived!!

Sweet !! the crud is like a natural buffer pad. Thanks John
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi John,

as you said this is a textbook Aesulap all the way with its typical grip varnish
    I love the original tiger striped grip, its the correct type, burned on it below the varnish.
    I have made a post about Tiger grips, would you add this one? it would be a nice addition!
    Great blade and straight scabbard, youve done well!

Cheers,
    Ger

I just put this one up for sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested let me know, thanks!

Cool pieces!