Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My First NSKK Dagger!

Article about: Greetings everyone, I acquired this a few days ago, and it has become my new favorite piece! It is a late war RZM marked dagger made by Puma Werke (m7/27). Unfortunately the eagle was denazi

RZM
    ?

Default My First NSKK Dagger!

Greetings everyone,

I acquired this a few days ago, and it has become my new favorite piece! It is a late war RZM marked dagger made by Puma Werke (m7/27). Unfortunately the eagle was denazified at some point in it's life. I got it from a collector who said it came from the estate of a German veteran living in Georgia. Maybe that would explain why the swastika was ground off. Luckily whoever did it was very careful not to damage the wood. Does anyone know where I might find a decently priced late war eagle? I looked on a few sites, and it seems like they are a little costly. Thanks for looking!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My First NSKK Dagger!   My First NSKK Dagger!  

My First NSKK Dagger!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My First NSKK Dagger!
    P
    Many

Default Re: My First NSKK Dagger!

Welcome to the forum, Justin! I like the dagger.

Hello RZM...welcome to the forum..you have decent conditioned dagger for being later type....very nice!! If were you I would leave the dagger as is as the condition it is in will be ruined in any attempt to replace the grip eagle. The grip itself is a beauty..and is not an easy task to replacing these. I would leave it be as it is still history...and denazification is a part of that history also. This dagger is still worth something in the condition it is in...leave it alone...and in time you can acquire another later type as the are relatively inexpensive..but the real history of the Horror lays within the the early SA daggers. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The blade looks great with all that crossgrain, any chance of a close up of the denazified eagle since that is what you are referring to? I would take larry's advice and leave it be.

RZM
    ?

Thanks for the welcome Mo!

Maximus, here is a pic of the eagle that was denazified. Like I said, whoever did it was very careful not to damage the wood.

Thanks!

My First NSKK Dagger!

?

Hello RZM and welcome here
    You have a nice NSKK dagger with a great blade, typical RZM sharp ridge with tons of cross grain!
    Larry gave a good advice, leave the dagger as it is, replacing the eagle will not increase the value that much.
    More likely you will damage the grip, the prongs of the eagle are bend inside the tang hole.
    It aint that simple to secure the prongs well and center the eagle in the handle.

Now it has a good fit, better leave it as it is, its a good grip!

Cheers,
    Ger