Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My First NSKK Dagger for Review!

Article about: Thank you for looking and commenting, it may be awhile before my next purchase, gotta slow down and save up for the 2014 MAX!

Default My First NSKK Dagger for Review!

Hi All,
    I finally got my first NSKK Dagger, it is a mid period piece and has a RZM code with date plus logo of my favorite maker Carl Eickhorn, it does have its faults sadly but a budget example is what I was after, the fittings all look good, the blade has been scrubbed at some point leaving hardly any crossgrain, which makes me want to cry, but anyway, the handle shows wear more to the front then the back, the scabbard is painted black and at first I thought it was scratched up on the front but under magnification it shows that it is just the aging of the paint I assume, stange there is more on the front then the back, the screws look unturned, even though there are some small gaps I believe this is an all original piece, would the fittings be silver nickeled on this one? they do not show any flaking, the ball has a small dent but nothing too bad, I took alot of up close photos, so please feel free to comment, criticize politly and share your knowledge, if you need or want better photos of a certain area just let me know, I love learning from all my pieces and from all of you!
    Have a Happy New Year!!!!
    My First NSKK Dagger for Review!My First NSKK Dagger for Review!My First NSKK Dagger for Review!My First NSKK Dagger for Review!My First NSKK Dagger for Review!My First NSKK Dagger for Review!My First NSKK Dagger for Review!My First NSKK Dagger for Review!My First NSKK Dagger for Review!My First NSKK Dagger for Review!My First NSKK Dagger for Review!My First NSKK Dagger for Review!My First NSKK Dagger for Review!My First NSKK Dagger for Review!My First NSKK Dagger for Review!My First NSKK Dagger for Review!My First NSKK Dagger for Review!My First NSKK Dagger for Review!My First NSKK Dagger for Review!My First NSKK Dagger for Review!My First NSKK Dagger for Review!My First NSKK Dagger for Review!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My First NSKK Dagger for Review!
    P
    Many

?

Max i like this typical late Eickhorn dagger.
    The spidering on the scabbard is in fact a good sign, its a factory paint!
    Besides the fact that it lost its grain its in nice condition.
    Bonus is the nice hanger, you did fine on this one.

Congratz Max, a fine Rzm dagger!

Ger

?

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Max i like this typical late Eickhorn dagger.
    The spidering on the scabbard is in fact a good sign, its a factory paint!
    Besides the fact that it lost its grain its in nice condition.
    Bonus is the nice hanger, you did fine on this one.

Congratz Max, a fine Rzm dagger!

Ger

I totally agree with Ger on this one

Congrats Max

Mac 66.

Very nice example!

Hi ya maximus. Although the gaps on the grip look terrible magnified it's worth meantioning when you look at the other picture of the grip as a whole it actually looks very nice and not to noticeable at all.
    Eickhorn grips SS/SA always struggle with shrinkage, its excepted as part of owning a eickhorn im afraid (by the people who know anyway).
    You've definitely got the plated type fittings. If your ever unsure just get a magnet (off the fridge like me lol) and just put it against the fittings. Solid nickel fittings are always non-magnetic plated steel is magnetic. If you need to test the scabbard fittings to see if they are nickel test the areas away from the steel body as it can partly pick up through the nickel. The best place on a scabbard fitting to test is the tip of the throat and the lower ball (the furthest points away from the steel body.)
    The spidering is really nice on the scabbard which goes for the argument of original paintwork. Its something I like to see and cannot be faked.
    Glad to hear you found something in you budget, SA daggers have shot up in the last 3 years so its a good time to buy before they really get silly.
    best wishes matty
    Last edited by matty01; 01-01-2014 at 03:39 PM.

?

A nice fit to the grip of the eagle and SA button , a nice example
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Thanks guys! Yes the magnification is through a 40X loupe so the gaps look huge when they are very small to the naked eye, I wanted to show how good and bad detail can be brought out with nice up close photo's! I was searching for awhile and its the only Eickhorn I found with the logo and rzm/date, which I think is really cool to see, I did sacrifice with the blade condition but it was also half the price of a perfect one! if anyone reading this right now has a hangover then you should have drank more water before you went to bed!!!!!! LOL

Lol, im feeling as 'sound as a pound' I only had three glasses of whiskey all night! haha Water good advice....eatings cheating lol.

As you said, is nice to see the double marked blades usually its one or the other. The transitional period didn't last long

thanks for sharing matty

Sound as a pound..which I too had some of the spirit left in me from last night. Nice conditioned and period typical dagger John. The wood is excellent and to be expected with these mid to late period types. The Gents comments above laid it all out what is to be seen with this dagger. Nice! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Agreed-a Very nice and authentic NSKK is great displayable condition and appearance. I especially like the detailing of the grip eagle! This one has Been there and witnessed History and survived to come home just fine. I like it!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast