Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My first SA dagger

Article about: Its a beautiful knife regardless of the wood not fitting right and as for a parts knife i would personally keep it as is true its not a show piece but that doesn't mean it still isn't useful

?

Default My first SA dagger

Recently purchased this dagger,hope u like it My first SA daggerMy first SA daggerMy first SA daggerMy first SA daggerMy first SA dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first SA dagger
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: My first SA dagger

Well everything looks ok except the handle, it appears that its all original but the handle doesnt fit the crossguards, in fact theres a significant gap, which suggests that its a replacement, which makes this a parts dagger, obviously the case is not part of the dagger, does the blade fit into the scabbard without movement or is it very loose

Quote by davejb View Post
    the handle doesnt fit the crossguards,
    Natrual shrinkage i would say, depending on where it's been stored will depend on how much shrinkage you will get. I wouldn't assume that just because there is a gap, it's a put together.
    Nice EP&S, although the box is modern, it looks good

?

Any chance of much clearer and detailed shots, everythings a bit out of focus

?

I believe the gap is from natrual skrinkage and all the parts of the dagger are EP&S.

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Natrual shrinkage i would say, depending on where it's been stored will depend on how much shrinkage you will get. I wouldn't assume that just because there is a gap, it's a put together.
    Nice EP&S, although the box is modern, it looks good
    With you John nice fit to blade on crossguard lower and upper, nice 1st SA dagger just wipe the grubby smears off the blade though or is it wax ??
    cheers Ronnie .........Nice box aswell!!

?

Thanks for the comments guys

?

True John but shrinkage would occur overall not on one side only, the handles dimensions are dictated by the width of the crossguards and also the placement of the central hole for the tang, hope im not teaching to suck eggs, but i really do believe this handles not right for the dagger, i have one that there are small gaps between each of the crossguards and i would agree that it could be natural shrinkage or i have a parts dagger, for £12 i wasnt going to complain but that was 25 yrs ago and the gaps have never altered, cheers Dave

It's good to disagree Dave................... £12!! I remember those days, but i stand by what I said. I've seen, and owned loads like this one. Not all wood behaves exactly how you would want or expect

?

Very true about the wood, and if im wrong then all the better for our friend here, i will bow to your more loftier experience its just that all the good ones ive seen tend to be very good fits, perhaps ive been spoilt, cheers dave

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast