Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My first SA dagger

Article about: Its a beautiful knife regardless of the wood not fitting right and as for a parts knife i would personally keep it as is true its not a show piece but that doesn't mean it still isn't useful

Default Re: My first SA dagger

Its a beautiful knife regardless of the wood not fitting right and as for a parts knife i would personally keep it as is true its not a show piece but that doesn't mean it still isn't useful i mean i use my world war 1 canadian bayonet when i go camping i figure it was built to be used it might as well be used

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first SA dagger
    P
    Many

If you look closely you will see the gap only appears on on side of the guards, both top and bottom guards. It will be down to natural skrinkage. All depends on the wood used and how it has been stored over the last 70 odd years. The odds are the nut has been loosened and the grip moved. Carefully undone it and move the grip over to centralise the gap on each side. It will look much better and be far less noticable.

Nice original dagger Luke.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    If you look closely you will see the gap only appears on on side of the guards, both top and bottom guards. It will be down to natural skrinkage. All depends on the wood used and how it has been stored over the last 70 odd years. The odds are the nut has been loosened and the grip moved. Carefully undone it and move the grip over to centralise the gap on each side. It will look much better and be far less noticable.

Nice original dagger Luke.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade,i am very pleased to finally own my first SA and it will be quite a while before my budget allows me to go looking for an SS to go with it!

?

Hey, dont feel too bad! I bought this last week and I didnt notice the gap on the handle either, until the guys pointed it out.
    ~Dean
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first SA dagger   My first SA dagger  

?

Thanks Dean, but i did notice the gap before i got it and it is skrinkage of the wood, and this dagger has never been in another collection.

when you get time shoot some better photos

that is a cool maker mark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2