Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My New SA - Eichorn Ground Rohm

Article about: I finally found an SA that I really liked and could afford,Its on its way from Jeff at Meda Militaria. ”The grip to this Ground Rohm Eickhorn, looks like it should be on an SA Honor Dagger.

Default My New SA - Eichorn Ground Rohm

I finally found an SA that I really liked and could afford,Its on its way from Jeff at Meda Militaria.
    ”The grip to this Ground Rohm Eickhorn, looks like it should be on an SA Honor Dagger. As typical for an early Eickhorn SA, this hilt is equip with HE caster marked crossguards. With experience, these deep hand enhanced guards are very apparent when you become familiar with Eickhorn in house produced hardware. The bottom guard is bench marked "3" and the reversed stamped with the Wf gau. What a beautiful fantastic hilt assembly.
    The scabbard is not too bad. It is what you would expect, being anodized brown with nickel fittings. The shell itself is nice and straight, void of any real hits other than the bottom chape, and has decent anodizing. If you look in the photos, the surface does show some crazing, where the lacquer has aged. All 4 factory dome head screws are unturned, and soundly in place.
    And finally, the blade. The surface does show some fine line scratches, but not all that terrible. In light of that, it is full length, unsharpened, and has not been tipped. And actually, it is void of any imperfections, chips, or ticks to the cutting edges. It was a Rohm Honor Dagger at one time, as you can see the Alles fur Deutschland motto a little further down the blade. This was done purposely to accommodate the small double oval Eickhorn trademark, shown on the reverse. The smoothness of the grind on the reverse tells me that this job was accomplished at the factory. Both the motto and the trademark retain a light gray burnish within their etches. Not perfect, but definitely better than an average blade on many early SA's."
    Will submit more pics but i am sure with my skills his will end up being better
    Thanks and this isn't going anywhere for a looooong time I learned my lessonMy New SA - Eichorn Ground RohmMy New SA - Eichorn Ground RohmMy New SA - Eichorn Ground RohmMy New SA - Eichorn Ground RohmMy New SA - Eichorn Ground RohmMy New SA - Eichorn Ground RohmMy New SA - Eichorn Ground RohmMy New SA - Eichorn Ground RohmMy New SA - Eichorn Ground Rohm
    This will be in pride of place before the week is out
    General Putnam
    Last edited by Larry C; 12-20-2015 at 02:55 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My New SA - Eichorn Ground Rohm
    P
    Many

Looks like a pretty fine piece

I was looking at this piece..and was very reasonably priced and in excellent condition. I almost pushed the button on this one. Good job GP

Love the copper penny type anodizing too Regards Larry

Copied and sent here >>> June 30 1934 - Rohm inscription pattern
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

thanks larry, I have been looking for some specifics and I was very happy I found this one.

?

That one is total eye candy!!! Congrats General
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Lovely piece, congrats!
    But I am a little confused.
    What does the small maker's mark and it's position closer to the guard have to do with the "Alles fur Deutschland" etch? They are on opposite sides of the blade.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

there is no use in hiding this my wife is going to see it in my office right away no matter where I put it as its not as salty as my average procurement.

It's a beauty for sure!

Rob all of the description inside the quotes is Jeff at medas description. I think he says it must have been a rhom honor dagger at some point. I didn't really read to much into that point, part of the pitch maybe I know little about that I bought it in other criteria, but if is a good question when I have it hand will have more pics. I will also email Jeff to clarify

A really nice dagger - Congrats.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast