Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

My RZM 7/2 SA Dagger

Article about: Hi all, Thought I'd post a few pics of my SA dagger, a late period RZM 7/2 - manufacturer 'Emil Voos' I believe. It may not seem like anything special, however this particular piece holds a

?

Default My RZM 7/2 SA Dagger

Hi all,

Thought I'd post a few pics of my SA dagger, a late period RZM 7/2 - manufacturer 'Emil Voos' I believe. It may not seem like anything special, however this particular piece holds a special place in my collection as it was a Christmas gift from my wife. She later admitted to me that she had a very difficult moral dilemma on her hands at the time in trying to reconcile the spirit of Christmas with this idea of purchasing WWII Nazi artefacts as gifts for her husband, however in the end she managed to convince herself (for which I am very glad indeed) that it's a hobby I take immense interest and pleasure in and went ahead with it.

Needless to say I was very pleased with my Christmas present that year and I must admit she didn't do too badly for someone who knows very little about this sort of stuff.

Anyhow, I'll let you be the judge!

Cheers,

Aleks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My RZM 7/2 SA Dagger   My RZM 7/2 SA Dagger  

My RZM 7/2 SA Dagger   My RZM 7/2 SA Dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My RZM 7/2 SA Dagger
    P
    Many

she done you proud good girl.

Hi Ale!!.....Your wife had done something special..and tell her this..that she upheld history..by giving that to you for a gift and for further study. She is a gem..and hopefully..you returned to her something nice for her stocking. ...............now to the juicy part the dagger!!......

Emil Voos is the producer..of this RZM type..which appears to be in still great condition. it has the normally seen plate lifting for these later types. Nice grip fit and i like the slightly lower crossguard step. The party badge is a nice touch along side the dagger. Thanks for sharing..the dagger and the lovely gesture from your wife. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

What a great gift, all I got was new socks and a sweater..... My only SA dagger is a RZM Voos also. Tell her you want a SS dagger next year, then you can post it here and we can all tell you its a spanish made fake hmmmm on second thought you better ask for new socks and a sweater lol.

?

To be honest, I was suitably impressed (and relieved) that with all the fakes flooding the market these days she didn't end up getting burned with this one.....Although she did mention that there was "a nice black one with the exact same shape" that had caught her eye but she was put off by the fact that it was a lot more expensive and that she didn't really have much clue about the stuff she was buying....

What can I say - the girl certainly has good taste!

Aleks

?

Hi Aleks,

that was a lovely gesture from your wife
    My wife wouldnt do that even if i would stand on my head for days and poop golden coins!

The dagger is a typical RZM type as stated above, with the typical wear one can expect on a late war SA Dagger.
    Voos even showed craftmanship in the later war years, as can be seen in this one
    Thx for showing this dagger.

Cheers,
    Ger

?

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I'm hoping to add a nice SA armband in the future to complement the dagger and the party badge display.

Aleks

?

Aleks a cheap way to make a great grouping is to add some SA tinnies, sport badges or SA meeting badges.
    Widely available and with a RZM SA dagger they will expose great.
    i show you a few examples here:
    Cheers,
    Ger
    My RZM 7/2 SA DaggerMy RZM 7/2 SA DaggerMy RZM 7/2 SA Dagger

?

A lucky man! Very nice.

?

"Aleks a cheap way to make a great grouping is to add some SA tinnies, sport badges or SA meeting badges.
    Widely available and with a RZM SA dagger they will expose great."

Yes I agree, a nice SA sport badge would make a good addition also. I've always been a fan of well assembled groupings of these sort of items as they help round out the overall picture and history of these organisations and the role they served during their existence.

Cheers,

Aleks