MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My SA Eickhorn Ground Rohm

Article about: Hi All, I picked this one up recently, it is a nice Eickhorn Ground Rohm with the lowered small oval trademark, I believe the ground job is not professional but a very good back yard/semi pr

Default My SA Eickhorn Ground Rohm

Hi All,
    I picked this one up recently, it is a nice Eickhorn Ground Rohm with the lowered small oval trademark, I believe the ground job is not professional but a very good back yard/semi pro removal that took away all of the inscription and part of the trademark, the dagger overall is in great condition, the blade is a beauty with the usual runner marks, the fittings took on a nice even golden patina which is hard to see in the photo's, but trust me its pretty damn sweet in hand, Gau marked Fr, the scabbard and ball is dent free, the grip has a few pressure marks and the eagle still shows amazing detail, I know we dont like to talk about price but im sure we all know that decent early SA's start around 600, so when this was offered to me for under 500 it became a no brainer purchase, enjoy the pics and as always thank you for looking and commenting
    My SA Eickhorn Ground RohmMy SA Eickhorn Ground RohmMy SA Eickhorn Ground RohmMy SA Eickhorn Ground RohmMy SA Eickhorn Ground RohmMy SA Eickhorn Ground RohmMy SA Eickhorn Ground RohmMy SA Eickhorn Ground RohmMy SA Eickhorn Ground RohmMy SA Eickhorn Ground RohmMy SA Eickhorn Ground RohmMy SA Eickhorn Ground RohmMy SA Eickhorn Ground Rohm

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My SA Eickhorn Ground Rohm
    P
    Many

Not much I can say about this one..as this is a total text book,,what to be expected from this producer..in every detail beauty of a Ground Rohm. Just curious..any traces of the inscription left?

I said enough ...Very Nice John Regards Larry

A copy of your Rohm dagger post is here June 30 1934 - Rohm inscription pattern
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry I have squinted and peeked through a 40X loupe in vain hoping to see any trace of lettering, but whoever ground it off was hell bent on making sure nothing was left, as you can imagine after the removal order this SA man was most likely scared #@%^less to be caught with any trace of Rohm left on his dagger, I really did want one with some hints of inscription however I could not pass up the price, and I can always pick another one up down the road with a bit more history left on it

Making no aspersion against John's example and not to be a kill-joy but what is to stop any unscrupulous person from grinding a non-Rohm blade in order to create a 'ground Rohm'? (using a known manufacturer of Rohm daggers of course)

Would this not inflate the potential selling price of a regular early SA dagger?

?

Glenn66, I don't know if its the case with all Rohm daggers but you can tell a ground Rohm blade by the maker mark being placed closer to the cross guard to make room for the inscription.

Yes Absolutely ..we have seen this grinding practice with many Rohm related producers..but no hiding the fact as Tomaz has pointed out that a smaller logo variant was placed close to the low guard. Rare Eickhorn Rohm examples will have the inscription ..and the early Large double oval on the blade. Either the SA High Command or Eickhorn must of thought the large double oval was too close to the inscription stealing from Rohm the Limelight of his popularity and Vanity. The logo was made smaller and moved closer to the guard. Just my thoughts
    Regardless ..the small double oval seen on Eickhorn and Boker points to a Rohm Inscription. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks gents!

Hi Glenn I have had the same thoughts about these. For me it was doing my homework, knowing what to look for and feeling comfortable with this maker. I am sure someone has ground up a blade and said it was a Rohm but as far as value increase there really isn't that big of a jump between a nice SA and a full ground Rohm. I have passed on many with partial inscription because the crossgaurds and handle had suspicious issues when compared with the maker. I was 100% comfortable and confident with this one which is the most important part of any dagger purchase.

At under 500 it is a steal for sure! Nice dagger.

Steve

The practice of intentionally grinding down a dagger is to give the impression that it may be a Rohm dagger..does not attract a high value. It is more ruined than anything else. Fully ground Rohms are worth as much as any standard commonly produced SA dagger..depending upon condition. Grinding takes away the steel as does its worth.
    .......... The rest is left to study..and knowing who were the Rohm inscribed producers. Regards Larry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast