Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Nazi Dagger - Please Identify if Possible

Article about: My Father gave me this dagger that his father had bought for him in an antique store here in the states, probably in the early 50s. The pictures are the best I can do but it has the eagle wi

dave.ds
    ?

Default Nazi Dagger - Please Identify if Possible

My Father gave me this dagger that his father had bought for him in an antique store here in the states, probably in the early 50s. The pictures are the best I can do but it has the eagle with Nazi Swastika and also what looks like a letter "a" in red towards the end of the handle. I have also included a photo of what I am guessing is the place where it was mfg.

MFG reads: Wester & Butz, Solingen
    Stamped: Om

Any information regarding this item would be really interesting to hear.
    thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nazi Dagger - Please Identify if Possible   Nazi Dagger - Please Identify if Possible  

Nazi Dagger - Please Identify if Possible  
    Last edited by dave.ds; 04-06-2010 at 02:42 AM.

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: Nazi Dagger - Please Identify if Possible

Looks like an SA dagger. Early as not rsm marked, appears original but detail is lacking in the pics. Estimate 500-700 dollars as blade appears less than perfect.

Lots of info here.

Also check site like:

wardaggers.com - German Dagger and Collectable Edged Weapon Site

for examples with pricing.

regards

ian
    ?

with a black scabard it is an NSKK dagger,SA have brown scabards cheers ian

It's an early NSKK .......untouched by the looks of it, and very nice it looks too. A rare maker, that is still in business today making razor blades!.

?

Rare maker marked NSKK dagger ranked 9 on the Mcsarr rarity list out of 10, please do not use wire wool, sandpaper or harsh abraisives to clean the blade, use a little semi-chrome with a soft cotton cloth to take away any dirt or surface rust ect, but dont be too heavy handed as that could take away the origional crossgrain finish.

Regards Scott.

ian
    ?

a thing called crocus paper and metal polish (day and martin ) its the softest and crocus paper is the very least abrasive of all emery papers , you would believe it had no rubbing compound at all , it will put the finnish back on the blade ,but not hurt it ,only use it until the marks have gone ,but believe me
    with crocus paper it will take hours (days) before you see much diference .
    crocus paper is used to lap the cerface of OPTURATORS on the 120mm gun
    on chalenger mabe that will give you an idea about how un abrasive but afective it is ,cheers ian

?

Sheesh. That scabbard looked brown to me.

Regards

?

Crocus paper although very fine is a scouring abrasive and although the eye will not discern , it will leave minute scratches and the chemical compounds used to make the product can leech into the metal and over time will start to discolour the metal ,then you will find more cleaning is neccesary. It is used for fine tolerences but the items that are prepared with this paper are eventually replaced, not so with an item like a Nskk dagger.I use a product called shine, its used in automotive circles and will clean every metal there is including chrome plate. Its a very soft paste but very gentle and it produces an excellent result without damage