MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Need help with NSKK Chained dagger

Article about: Hello people, I've been studying the internet and especially "War relics",but still I'm not sure wether the dagger that has been offered to me at a reasonable price (because of the

Default Need help with NSKK Chained dagger

Hello people,
    I've been studying the internet and especially "War relics",but still I'm not sure wether the dagger that has been offered to me at a reasonable price (because of the missing screws and the damaged paint),is genuine or not.
    For sure I cannot see the well known defaults like round holes,or horseshoeshape filed down round holes,bad RZM,or faulty "Musterschutz".Even the plate with 45° angles on the beltloopconnector seems in place.
    The shackles are magnetic.
    Can anyone help me out ,even with these certainly not perfect pictures?
    Many thanks and greetings from Flanders,Peter.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help with NSKK Chained dagger   Need help with NSKK Chained dagger  

Need help with NSKK Chained dagger   Need help with NSKK Chained dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help with NSKK Chained dagger
    P
    Many

it looks ok to me,but wait for the dagger men.

No thoughts anyone?
    Thank you for your replies.

Hi Peter..this example appears to fall into the guidelines..of a converted 1934 SA em to a 1936 NSKK scabbard. At first glance..I thought it may be a parted dagger..but a closer look shows a superb....upper scabbard fitting to lower crossguard fit. These Suhl guards are like no other with an extreme curvature that is noticeable and desirable to the SA collector.
    The dagger is missing scabbard fitting screws ...and Im very comfortable with the position of the center ramp. It appears to be "Unmoved"..as some examples the center ramp is also moved closer to the upper fitting ..for "swing control " when walking.

The Chain itself..appears OK..and its under further study. The chain does show wear what is expected in the link hole area. Other Opinions welcome

Other than that..I think you have a winner . Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 09-15-2015 at 12:59 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you ,Larry!!!

?

I would like to see closeups from the upper 2 links with the NSKK & RZM markings on it.
    Closeup upfront from links either with rune & eagle.
    These pics dont show enough to determen the chain.
    Of course the lowstep Haenel is a lovely early dagger

Regards,
    Ger

Default nskk chained more fotos

Managed to get some more pictures,although the quality is certainly not the best.I hope these will do.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help with NSKK Chained dagger   Need help with NSKK Chained dagger  

Default 1 more

Default and the last one

Last picture.Hope to get comments soon.
    Many thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help with NSKK Chained dagger  

?

Sorry, but these detailed pics are not that sharp that i can confirm that it is a time Original.
    Best what i can do is to provide you with a few good macro pics of a genuine chain, hope that you can compare them.
    Regards,
    Ger
    Need help with NSKK Chained daggerNeed help with NSKK Chained daggerNeed help with NSKK Chained daggerNeed help with NSKK Chained daggerNeed help with NSKK Chained daggerNeed help with NSKK Chained dagger

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast