Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Need help with this RZM NSKK Dagger determining it's originality

Article about: Hi all, I am interested in purchasing this NSKK Dagger, however concerns have been raised on the fitting of the crossguards...Is there anything to be worried about? Opinions on originality a

Default Need help with this RZM NSKK Dagger determining it's originality

Hi all, I am interested in purchasing this NSKK Dagger, however concerns have been raised on the fitting of the crossguards...Is there anything to be worried about? Opinions on originality and value very much appreciated, thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help with this RZM NSKK Dagger determining it's originality   Need help with this RZM NSKK Dagger determining it's originality  

Need help with this RZM NSKK Dagger determining it's originality   Need help with this RZM NSKK Dagger determining it's originality  

Need help with this RZM NSKK Dagger determining it's originality   Need help with this RZM NSKK Dagger determining it's originality  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help with this RZM NSKK Dagger determining it's originality
    P
    Many

A put together parts dagger.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Jonathan..dagger is all original..but a combination of period fittings.

Early : .... are the scabbard and first type hanger. The grip also including nickel grip eagle.

Late : ..... Is the late period blade and crossguards. The RZM M7/36 belongs to EF Horster..a prominent producer.

Another observation is the presence of a buffer pad beneath the lower guard..which never happened with these daggers except only with NPEA Student daggers.

E F Horster did not piece together late period daggers from left over stock parts...which this example has been fitted with mostly early period fittings. I would expect at best an early grip..but this producer was well into their late period production of all fittings.

The dagger overall is authentic with a mix of early and late. Hard to put a price on this as this forum is not for valuation.
    A early period NSKK will be around $800 ..a late period will be around $500 if in good and consistent condition.

Regards Larry

That may answer why you have concerns of the crossguard fit.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you for your feedback Wagriff

Hi Larry, thank you for your feedback on the dagger, these blades have such an interesting history of manufacturing don't they! So all up this dagger is 100% original period manufacture yes? The buffer pad I and another person had concerns about as well. Ps I like your quote about the size of a collection

?

Quote by JonathanW View Post
    Hi Larry, thank you for your feedback on the dagger, these blades have such an interesting history of manufacturing don't they! So all up this dagger is 100% original period manufacture yes? The buffer pad I and another person had concerns about as well. Ps I like your quote about the size of a collection

I think you missed the point, the parts are Original, but as Larry stated this dagger did not leave the factory this way.
    Its still only a partsdagger and therefore not very interesting for the collector.
    You better look for one that is consistent in period and material.

Ger

Hi Ger, yes at first glance I had unfortunately, however I reread and understand, I have left the dagger alone and will wait for a good one, Thanks again,

JonathanW